Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In trouble at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So they've picked up on how I've been transferring calls back to my team and not dealing with them myself when I could have. The calls are recorded so apparently they've heard me doing it. In truth I have been but not said so so far. My managers on holiday atm but when she's back I think we'll bg e listening together and she'll be saying what the hell. This is also the second time this has been picked
up on.

In truth I hate this job and want to leave and sometimes just don't want to deal with calls but they don't know that and I don't know what to say when confronted. Actually ill probably cry. I'm not used to being in trouble at all, never was atschool. I'm worried about what might happen now and what o do :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Also I dont know if it might be easier just to tell them that I want to leave. Everyones saying not to but if i do it might just give a reason for my behaviour and let them know how and why im struggling?

- Also i put this in the wrong forum, can it please be moved to work and volunteering
    If the hate the job seek alternative employment. Apologise for the mistake when confronted and stop dicking about with the calls for as long as it takes you to find new employment.
    Why have you been transferring them back?

Is it simply because you can't be arsed to deal with them? Is it because you feel out of your depth? Is it because you find it hard to deal with certain types of calls? Or is there another reason?

Working that out would be a good starting point
    If the hate the job seek alternative employment. Apologise for the mistake when confronted and stop dicking about with the calls for as long as it takes you to find new employment.

Thanks for this, I came home and this is exactly what my mum and sister said. Im looking for a 'career job' i want to do as well but im thinking about just taking a shop job for now to tide me over.

Basically the reason is just that: I dont want to take them, cant be bothered, dont care about the job or the things we do but obviously I cant say that to my boss. Yesterday I was actually engrossed in some complicated Excel spreadsheet graph thing and having my concentrated broken and moving all the papers I had was irritating. Not an excuse i know but thats the truth
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Lexi.

I know people have given a lot of job hunting advice on your other threads so I'm not going to repeat all of that, the one thing I will say is that I really encourage you to try and motivate yourself more in this job for the time being. I know it's not what you want and you hate it (I know that feeling), but it will be on your CV for your next job so it's in your interest to get as much out of it as you can.

This post gives some great advice on helping keep yourself motivated at work. Most importantly, try to be positive and keep your chin up - I have no doubt that you will find what you want in the end :) I'm sorry it's just taking a little while.