Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What kind of dates do you worry about?

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
z3hkigl2fwkr7x0qjwlh.png

In an ideal world, every date would be fun and exciting, a carefree chance to get to know someone new, or spend time with your partner, and have some fun in the process.

But real life's not always like that. Sometimes the idea of getting to know someone new - wondering how they'll see you, if they'll like you, whether they'll understand you, can feel almost too much.

Other times it might be about the kind of date. Different things can be worrying even if you've known your partner for some time. Does going to a fancy restaurant fill you with dread? Does going to a party together feel like you're too much on show?

Please share your experiences about what kind of dates worry you. It doesn't have to be a massive worry - it's still helpful to share it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No good keeping boyfreinds I end up spliting up with out getting judged by my mum :(
    I hate dates in a restaurant. I went out on a date to a Chinese restaurant one time with my ex and would never do it again. The company was perfect but I've never liked eating in front of others and there's just far too many people in restaurants. I also think cooking your partner a meal and making it look calm in the living room with candles etc. and wine is my idea of a perfect date and I much preferred spending time with my ex like that.
    When I eat, I'm normally quiet. Especially if I'm enjoying the food, I don't talk with my mouth full either. So having a date in a restaurant isn't the best I don't think. The best dates I've had have always been outside in the open, away from the busy cities and people.

Generally though I don't date straight away, I like to just be friendly with somebody and meet new people, if I like them and their company, then maybe I'd take it further. Most people don't understand that (even if it's pointed out straight away so there's no confusion), if I say yes to going for a drink or food, it's just because I like drink and food! haha