Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

going out with lads without getiing judged by my mum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I go out with a boy and sometimes they dont turn out right. Every boy I do go out with my mun and my famliey judging and still tryinf to get things out of me. This lad iam with now is a bit older dosnt it really matter what age there are I been told that dosnt matter how old longs they treat me right. I really like him but my mum and famliey taking the piss saying Iiam not ready for a relationship at all :/ I suprised iam still with this lad iam close spliting up with him bwauze of everyone. What do I do deep down I love him and dont want to split up err Old MadOld Mad

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You go with what you want, you love him and don't want to split up with him and that's perfectly okay heather. What matters most in this is that you make your own decision that you're happy with and your family need to accept whatever you decide *hug*

I remember you making a thread similar to this a while back and I suggested talking to your mum about how you honestly felt. Can I ask how that went?
    I could never tell if you are just horrible with orthography or if there is a real, actual defect that makes you slow so to speak. If it is the latter then being with someone who is considerably older than you just shouts "taking advantage" off the roofs, so I'll give your mother that. If you are 18 years or older though, which I do not know if you are, then your mother's opinion does not need to concern you. Also depends on how large the age gap actually is. There is not much information to work with.
    You go with what you want, you love him and don't want to split up with him and that's perfectly okay heather. What matters most in this is that you make your own decision that you're happy with and your family need to accept whatever you decide *hug*

I remember you making a thread similar to this a while back and I suggested talking to your mum about how you honestly felt. Can I ask how that went?

Well she saying he's nice and now she saying ur going out with someone that's older then u ect and slagging him off. She asked me weather he text me at thw weekend i said now its are break he phones me in the week and she said that not good boyfriend huh.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I could never tell if you are just horrible with orthography or if there is a real, actual defect that makes you slow so to speak. If it is the latter then being with someone who is considerably older than you just shouts "taking advantage" off the roofs, so I'll give your mother that. If you are 18 years or older though, which I do not know if you are, then your mother's opinion does not need to concern you. Also depends on how large the age gap actually is. There is not much information to work with.

He's a bit older then me unsure :/
    Hey Heather :wave:

I think parents can act like this because they are worried about you - it might not feel like that - it can come across as interfering etc, but they have a lot of experience and could have been through all of this before. Your mother cares about you and is worried about who you are getting close to. If someone you are seeing is older than you, then she could be concerned you might get into situations you might not be comfortable with.

Age gaps can be a tricky thing - sometimes they can be a tough thing for others to fully understand. You didn't mention your respective ages - so I can't really comment on this, however if you feel like you have a good connection with this person, you may want to read this article http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/relationships/age-gaps-2917.html Age gaps aren't always an issue in relationships, but that does of course depends on you, especially as you are the younger one and less experienced than your fella.

As Strubble says, if you are under a certain age, or perhaps still living at home, then your family does have some input in your life - and if they are concerned then they do have a right to let you know about it, as unfair and difficult as this may seem to you - they are fundamentally just worried about you - and your welfare. This is hard to get your head around. But if you really like your partner, then you might want to think about introducing them to your family, if you have'nt already. As scary as this is, they may be more accepting of the relationship if they get the chance to get to know him.

Hope it goes well - keep us posted on how you get on :) :wave: