Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

replying to a thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
0uHQ6s8.png

what's this all about?! :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bumping this because I'm still getting that notification at times
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey ella,

humm, I missed this the first time. That Error usually occurs when the thread/post you're submitting is empty (the body not the title).

When does this usually happen?
    Usually if I've quoted something or posted a link
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ella! wrote: »
    Usually if I've quoted something or posted a link
    It's because things in tags like [QUOTE] or [URL] don't count as text. You have to post something outside the quote or link as well.
    test

EDIT: Links do count as text, apparently. But you can't just quote someone for a post.
    test

EDIT: Links do count as text, apparently. But you can't just quote someone for a post.

I wasn't just quoting, thanks for looking into it though :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    This seems pretty odd! Have to say, I'm not sure why this is happening when you try to submit a 'not-empty' reply..

All I can say for now is that we're upgrading the boards software soon, so hopefully that'll solve it!
    If it happens again, maybe it would help to see the exact post. Actually, do you have any current posts this happened with? And did you have to change anything to get it accepted?
    If it happens again, maybe it would help to see the exact post. Actually, do you have any current posts this happened with? And did you have to change anything to get it accepted?

It's happened quite a few times in the last book you read thread, when quoting someone and inserting a link. I had to leave the page and then start again.