Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On the slippery slope once again.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yeah, I kinda disappeared off TS after my last bad turn but not through choice of my own...

After spending 6 weeks in a CAMHS ward, about 3 weeks before my 18th birthday I was moved to an adult psych ward where I stayed for a further 6 weeks, so altogether, I ended up spending 3 months in hospital since I last posted.

When I was first discharged, things seemed to be going well and I would say I was actually doing well but now, I feel my self slipping further and further down. I know part of its because I'm trying to help my friend with her MH problems too much and as a result, I've put too much pressure on myself, which has resulted in me not really taking care of myself.

I've been avoiding my psychiatrist for a good month now and my social worker is stressing at me for taking on my friend.

There's a part of me that just wants to run back to my parents and let things go back to how they were because in all honesty, things are much better the way they are now.

I miss being able to talk to my mum whenever I wanted, I miss having a laugh and joke around with my siblings and I just miss the general comfort of home.

I don't know, I wish things were simple and my MH was good and I never have to worry about relapses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi ConfusedNikki,

Great to have you back around TheSite - this can be a really good place to offload, vent and get things off your chest so it's great you're doing that. Hopefully you feel a bit better after writing these things down?

It does sound like things are quite turbulent at the moment so it's quite understandable that you're feeling stressed out and worried about things.

Are you living away from home now then?

It sounds like you're putting a bit of extra pressure on yourself by looking out for your friend as well, it's worth pointing out that it's important you look after yourself as well, and maybe you could step back a bit from supporting your friend? It's great that you've recognised that it may be putting extra pressure on yourself as well.

Have you spoken to your mum about how you're feeling at the moment?

Keep posting and great to have you back.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi ConfusedNikki,

Great to have you back around TheSite - this can be a really good place to offload, vent and get things off your chest so it's great you're doing that. Hopefully you feel a bit better after writing these things down?

It does sound like things are quite turbulent at the moment so it's quite understandable that you're feeling stressed out and worried about things.

It sounds like you're putting a bit of extra pressure on yourself by looking out for your friend as well, it's worth pointing out that it's important you look after yourself as well, and maybe you could step back a bit from supporting your friend? It's great that you've recognised that it may be putting extra pressure on yourself as well.

Andy has pretty much covered most things!

Would you be able to pluck up the courage to be able to talk to your psychiatrist about how you are feeling?! May help to offload so he can offer his/her support to you?

Also - with the friend you're helping do you think you'd be able to take a step back? Tell her you're also struggling and you're there if she needs you but you need to think about your own health and well being as well? it's not selfish - it's looking after YOU.

Hope you're okay *hug*
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi ConfusedNikki,

*peapie* wrote: »
    Andy has pretty much covered most things!

Would you be able to pluck up the courage to be able to talk to your psychiatrist about how you are feeling?! May help to offload so he can offer his/her support to you?

Also - with the friend you're helping do you think you'd be able to take a step back? Tell her you're also struggling and you're there if she needs you but you need to think about your own health and well being as well? it's not selfish - it's looking after YOU.

Hope you're okay *hug*

Hey Andy,
    Yeah living by myself now. It was a condition of my discharge that I didn't return to live home, something I was very reluctant about but had to agree with.

I don't really want to cut back my support for my friend atm... Right now I feel like it's the only giving me a purpose. Since I had to drop out of college, I feel like it's the only thing I have to keep me going right now.

Nope, don't really have a chance to speak to my mum by herself and talking over the phone just isn't the same. I miss getting the odd moment with her.

Hey peapie,
    Yeah I probably do need to talk to my psychiatrist but and I know he's desperate to speak to me because I've avoiding his phone calls and stuff for a while but I know I need to speak to him.

Now had the blow of my dog having to be put down today which means I'm feeling quite a bit lower. Just hope things start to pick up again

I'm sorry to hear that, Nikki. It sounds very difficult for you at the moment.

I think maybe talking to your psychiatrist could help - I remember feeling very low and I didn't talk to anyone and avoided everyone and ended up in a really bad place.

I think if you can talk to them it may help, even if it's a little.

Really big *hug*'s lovely!!