Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tinder Fat Suit Experiement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/25/woman-fat-suit-tinder-date_n_5881330.html

Has anyone seen these videos? Basically a girl/guy gets a load of dates lined up, then puts on a fat suit and gauges peoples reactions when they go on the date,

Needless to say some are pretty shocked, some angry as well. I think its meant to be social comment on people's shallowness to people who are overweight and then judge them for it. I just thought the whole thing was just trying to trap people into admitting they're shallow and quite honestly i thought some of them were justified in their reactions.

Obviously some were just looking to get with the hot girl (who was pretty hot) but I felt like some were mostly angry about being lied to. If you expect to go on a date with someone and find out thevye lied to your face about who they are... Id be pretty upset too! The guys didnt really handle it so well, they saw what she looked like and most didnt even stay for the date.

The girls, obviously a bit shocked as well, stayed a bit longer and chatted more, which is obviously trying to prove that women are less shallow them men. Maybe the women were less bothered about his appearance, or they were just werent brave enough to admit they werent into the date anymore, whereas most of the guys stood up straight away and said no thanks.

For some reason this got to me a lil bit and just wanted to know what peoples opinions are of it. If the experiment was white girl photo/real life black girl and people reacted the same way they'd get branded rascist when really, you'd understandly be surprised if someone completely different turned up than what you were expecting, racist or not, shallow or not.

What do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I'd be pretty pissed off and a bit scared too if I went on a date with someone and they turned out to be very different from their pictures. Also I don't understand why people were so surprised, their small sample size were people using Tinder, which is already a pretty shallow app. Just seems to be to be a sting for shaming people for not finding fat people attractive. They guys were quite rude though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes if someone wasn't exactly who they said they were then I'd be a little miffed off but I reckon the guys wouldn't have even thought twice about dating that woman if they even suspected she wasn't skinny. It pisses me off. Personality is hugely important when it comes to relationships yet you get so many shallow people that don't even consider a nice personality if said wo/man isn't skinny or bony. no fucking wonder people try so hard to become someone they're not.

Also that guy that did stick around, seems like his posture and attitude changed a lot when she revealed the truth. Like a big sigh of relief.