Home Travel & Free Time Creative
Take part in our Watch Club tonight at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the TV series Euphoria! Join from this page.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Positive distraction

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical PosterPosts: 5,435 Part of The Furniture
I don't know where I should post this, so mods feel free to move.

It was suggested in chat last night to do something with lyrics, cos I have a think about posting lyrics in chat, and Helen said it could be a creative outlet for me. I am not really a creative person, but I enjoyed doing this. I have done one with quotes too. I know it's not that exciting but I wanted to share with ya'll.

vuudaUJ.jpg?1

PYlsdAo.jpg?1
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Awesome, and lovely handwriting Claire :)

Going to move this into creative.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,435 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks Helen. Haha. My handwriting is horrible. I hate it

Cheers for the advice last night in chat btw. Although kind of only just done it, as I had a bad night.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • AuroraAurora Part of the furniture Posts: 11,720 An Original Mixlorian
    Omg, I want to do something like this, can I like steal your idea? :P - I can spam my diary with Mindfulness XD
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've done this! and I did it before you :P
    Brilliant idea! I do this in my diary. I literally have 4 notebooks filled with just song lyrics, it's a great emotional outlet and distraction technique :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,435 Part of The Furniture
    Sure you can ShineySpoon <3
    Cool Em. Didnt realise you had done it. :)

Coolio Ellie :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Just came across this thread and remembered what a great idea this was, have you done anything else like this lately BananaMonkey?

Anyone else got any creative positive distractions that they want to share?
    :eek: I've never seen this thread before! What a good idea :)

I like to draw sometimes.. Is that a creative positive distraction? I mean I find it hard but I love to draw.

Shall I share some photos? If I can figure out how to... Helen had to explain to me how to share one from a website! Never shared one off my comp before..
    Nope not done anything like this before. I am just not a creative person. Wish I was but Im not. I can never stick with nothing. So if anyone has tips to stick with creative things that they wanna share. :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    HHvFE

Not sure if that's right, really bad at tech stuff..

Anyway, that's a few of my drawings. When I actually do draw I get lost in it so it's an amazing distraction :)

Yep, I know they're not the best but I don't care :) I just love to draw and paint.
  • JamesJames Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Here you go butterfly ;)

KQ70pzis.jpgLozk1dYs.jpgqTJHe7Ss.jpg6i78IIGs.jpgpHDuwp1s.jpg0UgoVSGs.jpg

(see the bigger versions here)
    Thanks JPick :)
  • AuroraAurora Part of the furniture Posts: 11,720 An Original Mixlorian
    Finally, here's my quick 15 minute boredom thing -

1606369_610171252381488_1776688367_o.jpg
    I got creative with lyrics. This morning before work.

Attachment not found.

I got creative again.. Just trying to figure out how to upload it properly.
    Attachment not found.

Hey everyone,

Tonight we had a chat about positive thinking and I thought I would add some ideas to this thread about things that you could do/get involved with that could help pick your mood up, make you smile, keep you distracted etc etc...

Things that cropped up in chat tonight include:

- calm.com
    - stay alive app for your phone
    - http://www.llttf.com/
    - InHand App
    - http://apps.nhs.uk/app/moodkit-mood-improvement-tools/

These are just a few of the things that people find useful, positive distractions for us!

Are there any sites or apps or things in life that you find useful/keep you going through tougher times/pick you up from time to time? If so - please do feel free to share them here. Remember, no idea is a silly idea and one thing that works for one person, may not work for others, but is still worth sharing!!

Keep sharing, keep smiling :)
    :yes: good one Rach!

Sent by Sony Xperia