Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Camping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The idea of going camping is floating around between me and a few friends (possibly, if not just 2 of us). I'm not entirely sure where to go camping, but distance isn't that much of an issue, North West/Wales would be better though.

I'd like to go somewhere away from everything. Huddle around a campfire, go swimming in a lake or river. Just somewhere to be in the wild. I suspect my friend would like somewhere nearby we could go just to get washed in a proper shower, but again we could drive there if need be if it's not so far away.

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations of where to go?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I would go a bit further and do the Lakes. Wales is nice Cumbria is stunning.
    This is where the missus and i go with the kids. http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk

Fantastic place.
    Weekender Offender 
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I second the lakes!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cheers, checked it out, looks nice! I'll ask my friend what he thinks.

Any ideas of Scotland? I'd like to go wild camping sometime during next summer during the holidays when I have more free time.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Scotland is fantastic, the Highlands are more rugged and bigger than the lakes, more impressive, but no so pretty. It's also harder to get around unless you have a car.
    You'll also get eaten alive by mosquitoes if you go to the Highlands in the summer.
    Weekender Offender 
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    I love camping, spent my summer camping and road tripping in France. I have never been to the lakes but wanted to jump in and also sing the praises of Wales as an option, in particular the Gower peninsula - BEAUTIFUL and what better place to swim than at one of the most stunning coastlines in the world (or surf!).

All this talk of camping makes me want another holiday! :)
    I've never been camping but would love to go!
    I reckon the lakes would be an awesome place to camp. I've been there for a week and stayed in a log cabin. Was beautiful. Omg want to go back!!!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Hopefully I'll have my own car by the time next summer comes around. I'll keep in mind to take some repellent and a net haha