Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Low self esteem and feeling exhausted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel so swamped in everything recently, I feel like I'm drowning and can't breathe.

My job is getting more and more demanding, my extra shift at the pub is leaving me with only six hours sleep a night, I'm constantly exhausted, my self esteem is at an all time low and I often have the feeling where I don't feel good enough for anyone.

I feel so crap about everything, and trying to put a smile on every day to cover it seems pointless.

This feeling is totally new to me and I'm scared.

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    hey Haych

Well done for posting this and opening up about things, we are here for you *hug*

Do you have anyone you can talk to about work, maybe cut down on the shifts for a while?

This article from TheSite is all about self esteem, it may be worth a read

Do you have any support in place to help with these feelings you have?

Keep posting on here, we are here for you
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    hey Haych

Well done for posting this and opening up about things, we are here for you *hug*

Do you have anyone you can talk to about work, maybe cut down on the shifts for a while?

This article from TheSite is all about self esteem, it may be worth a read

Do you have any support in place to help with these feelings you have?

Keep posting on here, we are here for you

Thank you for replying :) I mean, I want to talk to my parents about it, but I'm worried about how they'll react. I'm just scared as this feeling is totally new to me and I don't know what to do.
    I don't know if I need support, else I'l feel like I'm wasting someone's time.

I'm so confused, scared and down at the moment.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi Haych,

Sounds like you're feeling pretty crappy at the moment and a bit worried as it's a new feeling for you, which must be adding to everything.

As BananaMonkey said, is there someone you can talk to at work about how you're feeling? Or just maybe take a day off and give yourself a day of relaxation?

If you're worried about talking to your parents, maybe you could write down what you want to say and how you're feeling, read it over a few times and then have a bit more confidence of how and what you want to say.

We're always here as well for a bit of a vent or some support, so keep posting.
  • Options
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi Haych,

Sounds like you're feeling pretty crappy at the moment and a bit worried as it's a new feeling for you, which must be adding to everything.

As BananaMonkey said, is there someone you can talk to at work about how you're feeling? Or just maybe take a day off and give yourself a day of relaxation?

If you're worried about talking to your parents, maybe you could write down what you want to say and how you're feeling, read it over a few times and then have a bit more confidence of how and what you want to say.

We're always here as well for a bit of a vent or some support, so keep posting.

Thank you, I'm planning to book a few days off soon, just so I can gather myself and my thoughts together. See what I can do.