Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

California

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've got a cool job in California for the summer, can anyone tell me which pubs, clubs, etc are a must see. I don't know anyone who has spent time in Califonia, so help is much appreciated. Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    California's a big place. What part?
    Where would your job be?

It's a really big state.
    sorry! working in sacremento, outside San Francisco. Could be travelling around the whole state though after I finish.
    Okay

I live in Hollywood so I wouldn't be able to tell you what's hot in the Bay Area, although you really wouldn't be that close to San Francisco.

Hate to tell you this, but Sacremento is a pretty small city. Less than a million people for sure. If you're from a big city in England you might be disappointed.

The club you might want to check out in San Francisco would be 1015 (I think that's what its called).

If you make down to LA, try these out.

Deep (the club in the beginning of Oceans 11) on the corner of Hollywood and Vine. Also located at the beginning of the Hollywood walk of Fame.

Sunset Room, always has the gorgeous girls, its south of the corner of Cahuenga and Sunset Blvd.

The Cat and the Fiddle is LA's take on a traditional English pub, you'll probably be horrified. Corner of Schrader and Sunset Blvd.

Barfly, check out the street address for this one, I can't remember the cross streets. Its on Sunset Blvd.

the Viper Room is not too far from Barfly either. Just so you can see what all the hype is about. Or if you want to see where River Phoenix died.

Bar Marmont. Cool place to go star watching. At the bottom of the Chateau Marmont hotel on Sunset Blvd.

Not a club or bar, but Jerry's Famous Deli in Beverly Hills is a great place to go for a late night meal or snack after a night out and check out the celebs. I've seen Brandy, Jerry Seinfeld, Marilyn Manson, etc there. Its right behind Cedars-Sinai Hospital.

So have fun! Hope that you get to make it down and check it all out.
    Cool, should be heading down to LA. There is a chance I might be working in Burbank. I'll check some of those places if I do. Cheers!