Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COMPETITION! Free Freshers Giveaway!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So as many of you might know the start of term is just around the corner, and for many that means Freshers Week! Surprisingly, Freshers isn't all about the alcohol, there are much more important things to consider, like all the freebies you can pick up over the week!

As part of the Community Strengtheners group (Jess has introduced us here) we're running a competition based around freebies.
Sound good? Keep reading if you wanna get involved!

So for those of you starting university in the next few weeks, all we want you to do is post a picture of all the free things you collect in your Freshers week.
And for those of you not heading to a Freshers fair, we want to see a picture of the best freebie you got recently.

We've got some great prizes to give away, such as... *drumroll*
This fantastic tablet
619795-629644-290.jpg

Everyone's favourite, Bananagrams!
t440_e5f8c4e74ab7af28affdcc8c63762b94.jpg?1378761219

And just in case you don't have one yet, a Wreck This Journal!
books?id=7OfxNAEACAAJ&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&imgtk=AFLRE71Lx1SLu73I7WCvTUJyW_4j6Jlm-73SpibxThXCBJzvABil2JIrqdJ4VNSiB3lO9dvaO180WFLwjCNVmKHmVq21D8tjpqxOqTqQOsmbQlnQKlixwXVs45AMAasAZnNUEe2oyC_y

You have until 8th October, so that's 3 weeks.

Get collecting!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I've got like lodes of papers so far??! - But I did get like a HelloU box! - With a pack off Popchips, harribo's and Ice tea in! I've nommed the crisps xD - And sold my haribo's and my ice tea's hidden in my draw, it's peach flavour xD But shall defo keeep all my freshers freebiesss and then try and win more freebiesss! :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Great thread Nina 😊

Sent by Sony Xperia
    We have freshers fair tomorrow, they were giving out free breakfasts today xD - In preparation for it, and often have pizza there! Nom! But I go myself a mini torch, pen, a bag (To carry my shopping ;) ) and a new bottle today, ooh, freebies! Oh and I also have my freshers wristband ;)
    10430459_733511613380784_7784627639750691106_n.jpg?oh=7bcfe27cb9ab76f6ac7d0839ba8c39fe&oe=5482E46D&__gda__=1418242773_24bb36e896a33c7e66cdaf964d58bac4
    Wow, that's a lot of stuff!

Anyone else had their freshers yet? Or got something free from somewhere else?
    When do you have your Freshers fair?? :p
    ninaballet wrote: »
    Wow, that's a lot of stuff!

Anyone else had their freshers yet? Or got something free from somewhere else?
    10430459_733511613380784_7784627639750691106_n.jpg?oh=7bcfe27cb9ab76f6ac7d0839ba8c39fe&oe=5482E46D&__gda__=1418242773_24bb36e896a33c7e66cdaf964d58bac4

What a haul! :)
    Haul?? I didn't steal them Jo :eek:
    Haul?? I didn't steal them Jo :eek:

Lol, I didn't mean it like that ;) What a lot of stuff! Is more what I meant, reminds me of my own freshers week, I got all kinds of randomness :lol:
    When do you have your Freshers fair?? :p

Not until next weekend! I want my free stuff!
    Only I reason I wanna go uni is for the free stuff ;)
    rosebud wrote: »
    Only I reason I wanna go uni is for the free stuff ;)

Haha, the only reason I got involved in Freshers was for the free stuff, but I want a rape alarm, they were giving them out at the SU, but there all gone :(
    My Fresher's Fair Haul

This is my amazing loot from the Fresher's Fair
    Attachment not found.
    I did have a HelloU box too, It had some Basmati Rice, a Peach Iced Tea and some Haribo, they didn't last long XD
    meagain wrote: »
    This is my amazing loot from the Fresher's Fair
    Attachment not found.
    I did have a HelloU box too, It had some Basmati Rice, a Peach Iced Tea and some Haribo, they didn't last long XD

We got the Wetherspoons bags too! :p The dude was like, here take a few! Obviously, I don't drink, but still took a bag xD - Can't actually recall what was in the bag now, other than a few discounts! :o However, you have so many wristbands :o - Best thing about Freshers has to be the free stuff, and HIGHLIGHTERS :o
  • 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Some really great freebies so far!!
    Alexandra wrote:
    Some really great freebies so far!!

That's what freshers is all about! ;) - I can't believe I'm into my third week already, haven't yet joined any societies.
    You have until 8th October, so that's 3 weeks.

I kinda expected more entries, because I know quite a few people are going into Uni!
  • 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    The competition has been extended until the 15th - so if you haven't already share some of your freshers freebies with us for your chance to win some great prizes :hyper:
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I'm not a fresher but when I first started college they were eager to give these out:
    Attachment not found.
    I'm really looking forward to doing freshers again next year as a postgrad - all of the fun without the unrealistic expectations!
    FINAL WARNING! I'll be picking out the winners at 5pm today! Even if you don't have a picture, this is your last chance to let us know what the best free thing is you've got recently, for a chance to win even more free things!
    Oooo free things I've had recently was manifesto on how to be interesting!!!!!
    So in third place we have...

WhispersOfTheHeart

In second place we have...

Rosebud

And in first place we have..

*drumroll*

meggles!

Well done guys! :yippe: The mods will be in touch the organise prizes :)
    So for those of you starting university in the next few weeks, all we want you to do is post a picture of all the free things you collect in your Freshers week.
    And for those of you not heading to a Freshers fair, we want to see a picture of the best freebie you got recently.
    Alexandra wrote:
    The competition has been extended until the 15th

You pulled the names out on the 17th, not the 15th. Two whole days after!
    FINAL WARNING! I'll be picking out the winners at 5pm today! Even if you don't have a picture, this is your last chance to let us know what the best free thing is you've got recently, for a chance to win even more free things! (Changing the original post, where you said we needed a photo).
    1536518_749328741799071_8669643729409091693_n.jpg?oh=2ef66981583bf5c17f101ffdbc6ce170&oe=54ACC4B4&__gda__=1420864905_5521cf0cb8a6952eba106fa29e205171

Yes, I like proving my point, and I just have.

Thank you for Third place, but I don't think I deserve it all! Meagain has a fab lot of prizes from the freshers fair, and so neatly organized to and has also given us a picture, and also got it in before the deadline!!!! :heart: Ooh, and can people still respond even though the competition is now finished? Are you going to pull more names out of a hat?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Whispers,

You should add 'an impressive eye for detail' to your CV ;)
    Ultimately, this is all meant to be a bit of fun, and although the goalposts did change a little bit, the hat's decision is final. Of course, if anyone wants to swap prizes etc, then feel free :)
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    No but fo realz at my freshers fayre we got bottles of vinegar... and free bibles... :naughty:

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

They give so many random things at freshers fairs, we got sachets of tomato ketchup too!! - However, Domino's pizza was totes the best freebies!!! xD