Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Samaritans

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Id really recommend it now I've been:) they are lovely people
  • Options
    I think I would if I had credit to ring them. I'm so glad it helped you

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Well done suzy. And also just wanted to reply commenting about the great support you are both giving each other.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Thanks Nana ☺

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    It's okay. It's lovely to see such supportive replies and so much peer to peer support.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Sams have a freephone number which is 116123.... hope that helps... x
  • Options
    Sams have a freephone number which is 116123.... hope that helps... x

For some reason it doesn't work on my phone

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    It does mess about a bit sometimes but keep trying and it will ring and u will get through :-) x
  • Options
    Ah its okay. May end up going tomorrow (keep saying this I know)

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    hi :)

sorry
    was just wondering if you went ?...
  • Options
    No I haven't and its a good job I didn't because I've been told that its not open until the 18th

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    oh :) hope it goes ok i havent been myself but i spoke to them before :)
  • Options
    Thank you. Did you find it helpful speaking to them? You're more then welcome to share your experience here if you wish

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hi :)
    yes they let me talk about things honestly without fear of being judged or not being believed so it helped :)
    hope that if you do go you can get something really positive out of it :)
  • Options
    Yes they are a fab service ☺

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hiya,

I went along to the Samaritans yesterday. I was really shocked at how easy it was although I did personally find it terrifying.
    I held my 'happy extrovert' mask down there but they were still helpful. The woman I talked to was quite nice, I just wasn't too keen on the suggestions she gave me but just talking about it was okay I guess.

Yeah...my experience wasn't as positive as the others here, but I guess I'm one person of many who's been to a branch.
  • Options
    Hiya,

I went along to the Samaritans yesterday. I was really shocked at how easy it was although I did personally find it terrifying.
    I held my 'happy extrovert' mask down there but they were still helpful. The woman I talked to was quite nice, I just wasn't too keen on the suggestions she gave me but just talking about it was okay I guess.

Yeah...my experience wasn't as positive as the others here, but I guess I'm one person of many who's been to a branch.

I'm really glad you went 😊 Would you think about going again? I think it sounds fairly positive to be honest because you managed to speak to someone - don't be so hard on yourself

When you went did you wait outside for someone to come and see you?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    They said they'd look forward to seeing me in a month or something when everything is better. They have quite high expectations of me though, like the woman said I should see a doctor and get meds but I don't want to tbh. :/ I still appreciated that she cared though.

I might go back sometime, who knows, it depends on how I'm feeling at the time really.

But yeah they were nice people. At my branch I rang up an hour earlier to see if there was anyone available, they said I could just ring the bell and wait for someone to answer the door.