Homeโ€บ Politics & Debate
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Is eating meat safe?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28797106

What do you think? Can eating meat cause the risk if causing cancer and heart diseases??

Can gladly say I'm Veggie ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sent by Sony Xperia

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A load of BS tbh,
    Thought it would be a good one to put up ๐Ÿ˜Š I'm sure people will have different views on this

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Yeah but I doubt it, people have eaten meat since the dawn of time.

It's the same as "aspartame" will kill you. No evidence to support it
    To be honest I didn't believe it but it doesn't really affect me because I don't eat meat.

I don't see how rating red meats can give you cancer

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,243 Skive's The Limit
    Yes of course it is. In fact meat is beneficial. Without modern technology and transport systems vegetarians would stuggle to be healthy - certainly in colder countries like this one.
    Weekender Offenderย 
    Too much of anything is bad for you.
  • plugitinplugitin Noob Posts: 2,197 The Mix Regular
    Ah I remember reading this.

To be honest, I think the key is moderation and quality. Too much of anything would be bad.
  • AuroraAurora Part of the furniture Posts: 11,720 An Original Mixlorian
    Ah I remember reading this.

To be honest, I think the key is moderation and quality. Too much of anything would be bad.

Unless its Jaffa Cakes...Then...Nom!
    Unless its Jaffa Cakes...Then...Nom!

:lol:
    Interesting stuff here! I enjoyed the read! As it's been said, it's a balance. The best diet is a balanced diet for sure and the body needs a little bit of everything. I've read many articles about things being bad for you (causing cancer etc) when I did my nutrition degree, it's all a bit crazy really. It also shows that you shouldn't just believe everything you read!