Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

new

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a 70 year old widow who now lives alone I find being alone so difficult I can go days without speaking to anyone .My husband died very suddenly two years ago from a massive heart attack
domminoone

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome to the site, u can talk to us here. Hope ur okaii? Xxx
    Thank you life is lonely at the moment
    Dominoone
    U have us here so dont feel alone hun, if u wanna chat u can inbox me :-) xx
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey

Just wanted to drop by to let you know that TheSite is aimed at 16-25 year olds, however that said we do have people who are younger and also older. It may just be that the support you receive will be in that age range.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Sorry I did not realise there was an age grouping
    Dominoone
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    You don't need to be sorry. It's more so you aware that the advice you may get may not be aimed at your age. That is all. You are welcome to stick around though. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Welcome :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi domminoone,

Welcome to TheSite boards!

I'm really sorry to hear about your husband, what an awful shock that must have been. It sounds like his passing has left quite a hole?
    Feeling lonely is horrible, but by reaching out here, it seems like you're exploring ways to connect with people - a great, pro-active approach!

Given your current situation, we'd recommend taking a look at Gransnet - they have an online community much like this one, but specially designed for those with a little more life experience than us young 'uns ;)
    They can offer a much better chance to meet and get to know to people in similar situations than we can! A great place to start would be their 'Getting Started' page.

I hope that helps :)

James