Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this normal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Atm, I keep seeing things not as they really are. Like, I'll see an object and I'll think it's something else, something quite threatening because it looks different, until I get up close and I'll realise it's not that. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me but I'm really scared because I have paranoia anyway.

Last night I was trying to sleep and I usually sleep with a little bit of light so I could still see clearly. There's a loft ladder in my room and I looked over at it and I saw something move. I thought it would be a bug or something, but I noticed it was significantly bigger, it was the size of a rat. I got terrified I thought there was a rodent climbing the ladder in my room I nearly screamed. It turned out it wasn't a rodent it was just one of the hinges, but it looked like it was moving! Then I looked a screw on a bit of metal attached to it and I though the screw was a beetle. Still objects were starting to morph into animals, and every solid still object I looked at had wavy, swaying edges. I felt really sick.

I'm scared because I don't know what the hell this is, and it's making me really paranoid?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Caitlin,

What you're describing is something loads of people have experienced so you're definitely not alone with this.

How has your mood in general been? Up, down, a bit of both? Do you have any professional support in place? Would you consider seeing your GP about this?

Things sound really tough right now, I don't really know what to say but I definitely wanted to offer you a big hug *hug*