Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So..tell us a bit about yourself? *goes into mild panic*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
:wave:

With college and uni starting up again, if you're new then this question can come up a lot in the first few days! As well as the where are you from and what are you studying one!

It can also come up in other situations where you're meeting a new group of people for the first time so it can be good to have some answers up your sleeve so that you don't go blank or feel put on the spot. Make sure you're ready for this question!

So what do you say?? :chin:

You might want to say a bit about your likes, your dislikes, hobbies or interests and what you do - whether that's your job or what you're studying.

I thought it might be good to start a thread for practice. It could be a nice way for us all to get to know each other a bit better too, it's always good to try and share something funny or random that might stick in people's heads too - why not give it a go :yes:

I can start...

Hi I'm Jo, I work for a youth charity in London (duh!) but I live out in the countryside which I love. I studied Sociology at Sussex Uni. I love being outdoors, going for walks and stuff and I really want a dog. My guilty pleasure is the Eastenders Omnibus.

Your turn!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Yo, I am Claire.I work with children, in a nursery! I love lyrics and listening to music and watching movies. I also love to be outside and love walks where I just end up going somewhere randomly on a walk. I also spend a lot of my free time volunteering and helping out where I can.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My name is ellie. I studied psychology, English and film studies at A2. At some point I wish to do mental health nursing at university and I have some exciting volunteering opportunities coming up, as well as starting the princes trust in October. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    This is such a good idea for the boards in general!

I'm Alex, I'm 24, I studied a film degree at Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge and a PGCE. I currently work in insurance but looking to move jobs and locations and hopefully become a real grown up! I love rockabilly, rock n roll and everything vintage and going to see bands and jiving, and like nothing better than a good pub and old towns, little secret hideaways that no one knows about.
    Hi I'm Becki and I'm a full time college student (boring). I love anything arty which was proven in year 7 when I was dared to go to school with red and blue poster paint all over my face. I did of course ☺ can't say my head teacher was impressed. I love raising money for charity and in the last 4 years I've raised £3,000 for race for life and Macmillan, with the help of others 😝

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    my intoduction today was kinda like this "Well i don't know any of you's but yeahh, heey i'm Angela, erm i love the colour orange and food, in my spare time i like going to the chinese or frankies with my friends for food and a natter, i always wear wedges, i love bowling for soup aaaaaand yeahh, think thats about it haha" :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Hi, I'm Nina. I'm about to start uni to study Psychology and Education. I love ballet, reading (especially chick lit) and volunteering, and spend pretty much all my free time watching rubbish TV!