Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

College: just left or about to start?

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
resultsdaystereotypes.jpg

Lots of you will have been getting GCSE results today. I hope it goes/went well!

So now you're facing the prospect of the next step, which for many of you will probably be college. Whether you're going on to A-levels next or another type of qualification, college can be quite a daunting prospect as well and pretty exciting!

If you've just finished your GCSEs (horayy!), how are you feeling about the next step? What are you looking forward to or a bit worried about?

If you're at college or have just finished, what advice would you give to someone about to start? What do you wish you had known when you started?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    If you thought GCSE was hard, this is a lot tougher xD But enjoy it! It's a massive leap, and you don't know until you've done it, but it's absolutely amazing at the end!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have just left college(my first year)but will be starting my second year next week,hopefully.Cant wait though am nervous at the same time xx
  • Options
    Some questions for you to consider....

Why are so many college courses being axed....
    Why is it that whatuni/colleges/universities will not record drop out rates or students that regret studying at all
    Is there an alternative to studying such as apprenticeships....
    Have you thought about going abroad to study...

There are things universities and colleges will not tell you believe me. If they did some of them would go bankrupt...

Youtube is a good example. Comments on videos uploaded by colleges can only be viewed by the people that made those comments....all they care about is the tuition fees
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey theonethatgotaway,

I guess the idea of this thread was more to provide a space for those who've already made the decision to go to college to talk about how they're feeling about it. And for those who've just left to give any tips they have. Does that make sense?

Hey AngelFace,

You said you're starting this week! Did you go back today? How did it go?
  • Options
    The leap from GCSE to A level is difficult. Don't be disheartened if you get a couple of grades lower than you're used to, it's really common. :) Also because A levels are so much harder, doing well doesn't mean getting As and Bs. C is an extremely respectable grade at A level, just to give you an idea. Oh, and you really do need to hit the ground running (seriously). If you fall behind it's really important to catch up!
  • Options
    I was supposed to but didnt.I now go back Weds.CNt wait! :) x
  • Options
    I was supposed to but didnt.I now go back Weds.CNt wait! :) x

What are you most looking forward to? :)
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    What are you most looking forward to? :)

Hmmm,thats tricky....erm...freedom and relaxation :-) I cant wait :) :pancake flip: