Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Real World?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
I'm new here and I live in the USA. I have been reading other posts and it seems like this is a very lively forum. But is it really a "guide to the real world?" I know this forum is UK based but I've always loved to hear that accent. Too bad you have to listen so close to hear the accent when it's in text form. LOL
My grandfolks last names were Lambeth and Hodge and I think that means my ancestors came from the UK. I love reading and fishing and meeting people.

Hampton

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome to TheSite.

USA?Thats amazing.I am from a horrible town in the UK.

See you around x
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Hampton,

Welcome to TheSite!

Hehe, we try to be as much a 'Guide to the real world' as we can, though it's a really good question!
    As you've gathered, we are a UK-based site, so it's just worth bearing in mind that a lot of the services/organisations we talk about won't be the same for the USA. Nevertheless, you're more than welcome here, feel free to get stuck in!

If you'd like any more info about what this part of TheSite's all about, take a look at our Start Here section, particularly the New? Read this first thread :)

I'm James, one of the moderators you'll see about the place.

See you around!

Oh, and if you want to hear our accents, we do have a YouTube channel. Have a watch ;)