Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help YouthNet and OnePlusOne and win £75 - which of these characters do you prefer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

YouthNet is working with OnePlusOne to create a microsite to help give more insight into relationships and the theory behind why things go wrong and what you can do to make them right.

We’re starting to develop the illustrated characters we’d like to use throughout the site and in short animations and comic strips that will help explain concepts and ideas.

Our designer has come up with some sketches, but before we go any further we’d like to know what you think.

These pieces are starting points – some of them are quite simple and others are more detailed. We'll take all your thoughts back to the drawing board to have a go creating some new drafts. If you’ve got five minutes to give us your opinion we’ll enter you into a draw to win a £75 voucher of your choice. Thank you.

We’ve had a go drawing some styles which are quite simple and others which are more detailed.

Which of these three sets of character styles do you prefer (1, 2, or 3)? Why?

character1.jpg

character2.jpg

character3.jpg

These are some versions of the simpler character 1. Which of these guys do you prefer (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 from left to right )? Why?

character1_options.jpg

We realise that you might not particularly like any of them. If so, can you tell us why not? Are there any bits of them that you like? What would you change?

What animated/drawn characters do you like? Can you give us the link?

Finally, if you’re feeling artistic, we’d love to see your own version of a character you’d like to see animated.

If you are accessing on a laptop or desktop, you can see some examples of the characters animated here. This is just a very rough version so you can see them moving and in context. We'll be adjusting fonts, colours and style - any thoughts on what might work, let us know.

(Don't worry, the final version will be accessible to anyone on any device)

Please send your answers to clare.foster@oneplusone.org.uk or respond in the thread below.

Thank you soo much!

Have a good weekend,

Fostress

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I prefer set one, and then either 3 or 4 in the bottom ones, if that makes sense?
    Not sure how to explain why I chose those ones apart from aesthetics - but also because I thought the woman having the dotted lines down the side of her in 2 nd 3 was a bit odd and I didn't like it. 2 also looked a bit roughly sketched.

As for the bottom rows, 3 and 4 just appealed to me more than the others. I can't say they necessarily look realistic, but I think that's where my thoughts were headed!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I like set one, I don't really know why I picked it. I just think it's more simple and clearer. (Sorry for the rubbish explanation)

I prefer 3 and 5 for the simpler ones. I am not sure why I just think the design looks better. (Although there are six drawn so I hope I have picked correctly) lol.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I prefer set three, it just looks the most realistic to me and on the examples of them moving I quite like how the explanation marks above the woman's head emphasize the sudden trigger.

I prefer one and three out of the second options because again they just look the most realistic. I like the body on five but I'm not particularly keen on the head.

I'm aware it's just a rough sketch but would be good if you can make the phone look more phone like :)
    I lik3 set 1 its easy to understand then the rest and got more detail one it
    I like set 1 best, they're the least complicated and easier to look at I think. It seems like you can focus on the expressions more because everything else is less complicated.

Of the horizontal ones, I like number 3 the best. I think the ones with the square bodies and round heads look a bit odd, and like I said above, the taller ones are more complicated.
    Thanks guys - this is all helpful stuff :)

Will keep you posted of course.

Anyone else got any thoughts for us?

:thumb:
    When does it close
    We'd like comments by the end of this week if possible please Heather.