Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I forgetting to pay for something?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I have to find a new place to live, so I've been going over how much I spend every month on average to figure out how much I can afford.

The number I've come up with looks big... Too big. Which makes me fear that perhaps I should be paying something (some kind of tax?) which I currently am not.

Bills and council tax are included in the rent I currently pay. My phone bill and travel expenses (a monthly bus ticket) are direct debit, so there's no way to forget them. And income tax is deducted from my salary, according to my payslips.

Is there something else I'm not thinking of, or maybe that I don't even know about?

Comments

• Options
    We pay for the TV licence ourselves, and I don't think the others pay home insurance either so it must be included in the rent... I don't have a car.
  • Options
    Guess I don't have one then. I don't think there's a point for this place now but I'll have to remember it for the future. Thanks.
  • Options
    Agreed, but it seems like too much hassle to do it now and have to do it again in a month or two for a new place. I will when I move.