Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Asian girl likes me !!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wow. Just seen this thread because I was going to ask about something.....

I'm 30yrs old and white. She's 26 and Asian. We've only just started chatting to each other online since the weekend. She's an amazingly beautiful woman and I CANNOT believe she's talking to me. We met on a dating site. She told me that she looked at my profile and when I didn't send her a message, she sent me one asking if I like Asian girls. I said yes and we took it from there. We've talked mostly about everything now. She even asked me questions on sex two nights ago !!!!

She's a little shy like me... and she enjoys some of the same things as me.

She told me that her parents don't want her to date guys, (something to do with her culture????!), but she dates them any way.

She doesn't like Asian guys, only white guys.

She's told me that I'm cute lol

Are Asian women allowed to date whoever they want and why would her parents frown upon her dating guys?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Um. Asia's a big place, and you can't really generalise over an entire continent. Maybe her parents want her to marry rather than date or something.
    She's not from Asia
    But you just said she was Asian.
    How can someone be Asian but not from Asia? :confused:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ella! wrote: »
    How can someone be Asian but not from Asia? :confused:

It's common that someone with Asian heritage would describe themselves as Asian even if they just mean through heritage. Having said that, the word Asian tends to differ depending which continent or even country you're in - e.g. if an American person says Asian they usually mean someone from or with parents/grandparents from Eastern Asian countries like Japan or China. If someone from the UK refers to the Asian population they tend to be referring to people who were born in or have parents or grandparents from India, Bangladesh or Pakistan. Regardless both often provoke massive generalisations and even if you identify a group of people as having potential shared cultural heritage, chances are that when you get past the stereotypes the views of parents even within those same groups will vary dramatically.

Spintires, its probably worth trying to understand a bit more about what her parents are like and why they might be wary of who their daughter dates. If you base it on cultural assumptions, you may be at risk of unintentionally distancing yourself from this girl or not really fully understanding what's going on in her experience specifically. Does that make sense?

Hope things go well for you :)
    Found out that she's from a Bangladeshi heritage. Her parents don't want her to date because they want her to have an arranged marriage and she doesn't want that.

We're taking it slow for now. Going to meet her next month, and I cannot wait.

She's even told some of her friends so she must really like me. lol
    I think obviously, that there will be cultural differences between your own and somebody from a different ethnic group, but that you can't generalise across all people from that group. The most important thing is communicating with her to find out what she wants and what she's comfortable with and what her boundaries are.
    She ignored my emails, texts and messages on kik for the past few days. Got a reply from her yesterday saying that she's ending if because of our different backgrounds. I should have listened to a friend and ended it myself last week.

I always go for women who have problems in their life and I don't know why. I'm sick to my stomach because of it. I'm an idiot.

I've been on two dating sites for fuck knows how long and no one sends me any messages. I think it's a waste of time like me fucking life. I don't know why I was born.

At the moment I'm looking for sex
    SpinTires wrote: »
    She ignored my emails, texts and messages on kik for the past few days. Got a reply from her yesterday saying that she's ending if because of our different backgrounds. I should have listened to a friend and ended it myself last week.

I always go for women who have problems in their life and I don't know why. I'm sick to my stomach because of it. I'm an idiot.

I've been on two dating sites for fuck knows how long and no one sends me any messages. I think it's a waste of time like me fucking life. I don't know why I was born.

At the moment I'm looking for sex
    Would you have preferred it if she'd continued and not been happy and not told you?
    welp, better luck next time.