Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

get paid and living witn my mum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iam not sure where this goes

I get paid sick benefits as iam not well. I live with my mum and her parnter. We made a agreement ni pay 80 quid incudes rent food water ect.

Iam not sure is it to much paying every time I get paid?

I got to also pay my rent that I owe from my last place I need to pay that or ive been told by her property people I wont be alould to stay and kick me out then become homeless and I dont have much money left I need it for things I need what do I do :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you paying £80 a week? For everything?
    They pay it too its about a 100nand somethin
    No I mean, are you paying £80 weekly?

Am I right in thinking then that in total you pay £80 and your mum and her partner pay £20 to make £100?

£100 a week to include rent, bills and food is very cheap. £80 for all of that is crazy and I wish my life could be that cheap. However the split isn't fair and if what I've asked is correct, your mum should be paying more.
    And him tbh he dosnt pay its my mum pays it all

My mum parnter says everytime they have a argerment the money they get for food and rent e.c.t not to be spit up. he moans when i get paid he says u go7ng shop for the money. I got paid my dla on tuesday and my mum was like ya and got all exited :) i was taking her clothes shopping :) I spend half my money on her with nice tops and a new razer I dont mind spending money on her not that trap she going out with I dont get on with him
    Whether it's too much does depend on how much money you have coming in. I pay just under 1/3 of my benefits to mum and pay £30 every month to dad for my phone bill and Virgin TV box.