Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

please help me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right now im extremely unsure where im going with this or what im doing. This is my first thread and I registered about 10 minutes ago.

Iv suffered with depression for a while now. I dont want to make a huge rant. I just need people to talk to people that understand. I dont want to confide in anyone else because it feels so useless. I have never felt so alone before and tonight I cried for so long. Im scared that therel come a day I wont be able to cope with.

I dont want to end my life but I dont know how to end the suffering im feeling. Its like im not me anymore. Im just an aching sadness. When im with my friends im pretending to be happy but when im alone its like my mind is smothering me. I cant win.

I feel so alone and I think I need this thread to be about community. I so badly need a place where I belong. My soul is aching so bad please can anyone help me

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey colly :wave:

Firstly, welcome to TheSite message boards!

Secondly, I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling *hug*. The good thing about these message boards is that a lot of people on here have all been through similar things so most people do understand how you're feeling and how much it hurts to feel that way.

Would you like to tell us more about what's going on for you? Sometime crying can be a good release, sometimes we just need to be able to let it all out and that Is perfectly okay.

Have you told a GP how you're feeling? Or is that not an option for you?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Colly, :wave:

Warm welcomes to TheSite.org message boards, it's great to have you on board, and I'm proud of you for reaching out here, it sounds as though things are really tough at the moment, but it's positive to hear you're looking into getting support before things do get to bad, and one of the first steps is asking for help. Do you currently have a support system in place? :)

However, I urge you to call 999 if you are in any immediate danger, and if you have hit a crisis point, no matter how low, there is always help out there for you! Often talking to someone whether online and offline can ease the feeling down a bit, because you deserve support, for example a close friend, or family member, if not them, a helpline. The Samaritans offer a 24 hour helpline, where you can talk to someone, and everything said between you both, can be kept confidential, call them on 08457 909090, or you can also E-mail them at l jo@samaritans.org - There's also a text number which I'm not to sure off!

I'm not to sure if you've ever come across Mindfull? -It's fairly new and aimed to young people aged 11-17 to talk amongst peer mentors and counsellors about issues surrounding their mental health. Mindfull is open between 10am and midnight, and offers support in various ways, through counsellors, peer mentors, and even self help. It's a lovely community once you get used to it, and worth checking out if you're between 11-17 :)

Massive prompts on taking the first step and reaching out for support were proud of you, and do keep reaching out :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart