Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work friends wedding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's her wedding on Monday, me and 2 others were invited to the whole day but I can only make the evening as I'll be coming back from camping. I said I'd go but now I'm thinking about it I don't really want to.

I don't think it's a big deal as I've known her less than 6 months and if it was me, I wouldn't be worrying about work people I barely know at my wedding. Besides I feel like I was only invited to be nice as she invited another girl. Anyway the girls at work today made like it was really rude thing to so to not go. I'm not going to the dinner so she won't have set a place for me, it's just the party part.

Rude to not go at this point, or try and make the effort?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you've said you'd go, go. It's horrible when you've taken time and effort and probably a heck of money to organise something and then someone doesn't turn up because they can't be bothered! I'm going to a wedding in October - it's my boyfriend friends, not close personal ones of mine but I'm making the effort so they'll become close friends and because I know how much they must think of me to personally invite me rather than just being his +1. Weddings are expensive, at the very least let them know well in advance if you can't make it.