Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job interview!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I actually have a job interview lined up but it's in Brighton, about 3 and a half hours from where I am, and I'm actually not that excited about it.

Now that the interview is arranged I feel like it's too far away from home and I'm not that sure about even going, I've just got this feeling of dread when I think about it.

Sign that it's not meant to be and don't go, or go anyway just to see?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi Lexi,

Firstly - well done on getting an interview. That's good going and you should take something from that.

If you're not sure whether to head to the interview, then maybe you could weigh up a few of the pros and cons? It sounds like it's a fair way from where you are, so maybe think about the travel costs for the interview as well.

However, job interviews, for whatever job, can be a fantastic learning experience and great practice. You'll be able to think about what you want to say, how you want to say it and of course, nothing beats the real thing of an actual interview. It could even be that you relax into the interview because you're in a position where you might not even take the job. Allowing you to relax and maybe even enjoy it?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go for an interview and see - usually places will offer you interview expenses. The practice is great, and you may feel completely different and inspired when you're actually in the environment.