Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Robin Williams!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Actually devastated by the news of his death! :no:

Such a legend :heart:

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh, what a pity. :(
    He wasn't that old, only 63... :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I woke up to the news! I was shocked with the young age he died at, 63!
  • Options
    I was totally shocked when I heard. He was a legend and one that won't be forgotten.
    RIP

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I am so upset, I take back everything I said when I complained that people over react when celebrities die
  • Options
    RIP Robin williams ?

He was an amazing actor and comedian!xxx
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I am so upset, I take back everything I said when I complained that people over react when celebrities die
    I never said anything but I agree... I still keep thinking about it. :(
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    I think it's interesting how much his death has affected people, me included.

To think someone who made their living making people laugh could be battling such a horrible mental illness and feel they had no option but suicide is very hard to get my head around.

I think at times like these it's just appropriate to say again to those who are struggling - people are here for you, life is worth living, you are an amazing person and people can help you through this.

It's why places like this are so great, if we help even 1 or 2 people then I will feel I have acheived so much :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Cat88 wrote: »

To think someone who made their living making people laugh could be battling such a horrible mental illness and feel they had no option but suicide is very hard to get my head around.

I think at times like these it's just appropriate to say again to those who are struggling - people are here for you, life is worth living, you are an amazing person and people can help you through this.

It's why places like this are so great, if we help even 1 or 2 people then I will feel I have acheived so much :)

Unfortunately you find that many of the great comedians suffer / have suffered from depression. Just look at the likes of Spike Milligan and Stephen Fry who have spoken about their struggles so publicly. I just hope that, with so much being made of Robin Williams death it loosens the stigma of mental illness even slightly.

It's all very sad :(
  • Options

I think this is a really good point. A lot of people can't imagine someone so funny and charismatic in this kind of situation. Quote from Watchmen - ?Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.?

Fox News called him a coward as well which angered me. All this kind of thing is doing is fuelling the massive misconception that mental health isn't important and doesn't matter. How many people are going to have to kill themselves before everyone realises it's so important?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    http://www.umbrelr.com/robin-williams-die-suicide/