Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Finally getting help for anxiety!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Guys,

Finally getting help for my anxiety and panic attacks. I've been having panic attacks for two years, but the last three months for me have been really stressful so I feel depressed too. I went to the doctors and they're referring me to a CPN, who I'll be seeing soon, hopefully will hear from the clinic on Friday.

Any these last 3 months, I've recently graduated from uni but am staying in the town I went to uni at as I can't face moving back as I know I'd feel worse. I need a full time job here and sort of have one, but I felt ill on the first day and worse on the second. I was near enough crying on the bus there and within an hour, I had a panic attack and felt sick, and had an upset stomach twice that morning. I've been feeling so shitty, sick and tired in the mornings in particular and my thoughts have been really negative and I have short periods where I try not to worry but then the whole cycle starts again where I start to doubt everything.

I moved out from the old place, due to harassment and am in process of getting a place of my own but need this job to stay here....but am so scared because of the anxiety and its stopping me. I bottled up all my troubles in my old house and let them out when I was drunk and smashed some glasses in a rage to take out my anger so that I wouldn't do anything I'd regret. I was harassed and blackmailed afterwards, and had many turn against me. I went on holiday and thought it would clear my head, and got myself in to a drunk state on the night I was feeling really down and angry.

I'm due to go back to work tomorrow but I feel sick thinking about it. I've told them I'm coming in and now its too late to back out. I'm crying constantly, or I feel like I'm going to a lot. I feel like there's no way out at the moment until I start getting help. Dunno what to do. I'm so confused. I feel that the stress I've been feeling has heightened my anxiety and am hoping the CPN helps, but was wondering what your views would be.

Peace

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really glad your going to be getting the support.

Hopefully with the support you will start to notice improvements with the anxiety and panic attacks.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    rosierawrz wrote: »

I'm due to go back to work tomorrow but I feel sick thinking about it. I've told them I'm coming in and now its too late to back out. I'm crying constantly, or I feel like I'm going to a lot. I feel like there's no way out at the moment until I start getting help. Dunno what to do. I'm so confused. I feel that the stress I've been feeling has heightened my anxiety and am hoping the CPN helps, but was wondering what your views would be.

Peace

Hey rosierawrz, good to see you back :)

It sounds like a lot's been going on and as Monkey says, it's really positive that you've been able to take some steps to get some support. All the best with the CPN.

I hope that the anxiety about going back to work eases off a bit once you get there and get back into the familiarity and routine - hopefully you managed to get a good rest last night after what sounds like an emotional day.

If you haven't seen it already, TheSite's article on anxiety could offer some new ideas too: http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/help-me-with-my-anxiety-5601.html

Let us know how you got on today, *hug*
  • Options
    I couldn't face going to work today. I got myself in to a right state last night and this morning I just couldn't face it. I have no other choice really but to move back with my folks, but I fear its gonna make me feel worse as I'll feel trapped without my freedom, and that I need to sort out the anxiety and depression before I get another job. I'm scared that its going to take too long.