Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Edinburgh

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So, I'm thinking of going to Edinburgh, maybe sometime around Christmas/New Year. Has anyone been, is it a nice place and is there enough to do for 2/3 days? Especially in December?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, yes, yes, yes.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Christmas in Edinburgh is gorgeous. They have the winter wonderland in princes st gardens with an outdoor ice rink and the German market. Princes street is all done up and you need to visit jenners with the tree in the middle. Two days isn't enough to appreciate Edinburgh at Christmas. I am more than a little jealous. I love it.
    Pandas?
    We were definitely thinking pandas, especially if there's a baby by then!
    I think we might be able to stretch it to 3 days if there's that much to do, I've just had a google of the markets and stuff and it looks fantastic!
    Pandas have to be booked in advance (doesn't cost any more, you just book your slot in and pay the entry fee) but are very worth it. Rest of the zoo is awesome too.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Love Edinburgh!

As Mist said, there's definitely enough to do for 2-3 days.

Agreed with all the above.
    Lots of people I know have been to the 'Real Mary King's close' - a network of 17th century streets underneath the Royal Mile. Looks amazing!
    If you like castles, Edinburgh's got a pretty cool one (also fairly zombie-proof ;) )
    There are lots of good restaurants in Stockbridge.
    I also quite like Dean Village, which is a nice river-walk away from Stockbridge.