Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

premature ejaculation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

just wondering if any guys who struggle with this have tried delay sprats/cream? Did they actually work and if so how much feeling was lost? And if there are any people would reccomend that'd be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hello there,

I have something which may help.

I think that as a boy growing up and masturbating, you always want to finish quick and have a quick wank, you are setting yourself up for failure in an adult sex life and in that situation you want to last a long time, but its difficult as sex feels so good right.

One technique I employed was to regulary masturbate by myself, but I would wank just the shaft without touching the head, when I felt I was going to cum I would take myself just to that point of no return and before I was about to come I just stop and let the feeling go away.

That's hard to do but you literally need to do this 'training'

Once the feeling has subsided, start again and take yourself to that point of no return again and then stop before you finish.

Doing that regulary will make you last longer, and also, during sex, when you feel you are about to cum, simply stop for a moment, or pull out and go down on her for a bit.

I read this method online years ago and did it, and I can last for ages now, when I masturbate I rarely let myself finish, saving it all for my GF, you can get control of your orgasm.

Also, Kegal exercise are good for orgasm control and erection power, this is the thing you do when you want to stop yourself from peeing, you make those muscles tight between your bum and testicles. clench them.

Google techniques for those exercises if you want.

Hope that helps...

LocalBoy
  • Options
    Heyy thank you, will pass this on to my boyfriend. We do try the stop start method but it doesn't make much of a difference, he's always had this problem and I know with ex's he tried distraction techniques and stuff. We just want to try everything before he goes to the doctor, we're looking at the different delay sprays at the minute but there's so much choice it's very confusing.
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi titania-summer

Premature Ejaculation (PE) is a really common problem. There are good articles on TheSite and NetDoctor, among other places.

Delay sprays and cream are one of various options (try just using really thick condoms if you haven't already), so do look through all the options and see what you think might work best for you both.

Localboy's suggestions sound really good.

If you can work with the emotional side of this together then you should be able to improve things too. It's nice that you've started that already - it should really help.

It sounds like he's suffered from PE for a while, so I imagine he puts a lot of pressure and expectations on himself. Anything you could do to relieve those might well help. For example, letting him know about all the things that you do enjoy could boost his confidence. And if he can please you in other ways before penetrative sex, then that could take pressure off him too.

If he doesn't want to see a doctor just yet, he could have a free and confidential chat with an Ask Brook advisor, on 0808 802 1234 or text them on 07717 989 023 (standard network rate). They are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm for texts and web chat, and 11am to 3pm for calls.