Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Support circle chat (Thursday 14th August, 7-9pm)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Circle-of-sharing.jpg

Hey everybody :wave:

On Thursday the 14th of August (7-9pm), we'll be joined by the lovely Kat Cormack who many of you will have met before. These chats are a great chance to give and get support in a slightly more structured way. The idea is to work as a team to help people talk through anything that's on their mind.

Not been to one before? Here's the low-down:

What will it involve?
This chat will be a bit more structured than normal support chat. We'll begin with an introduction and then we'll start going around the room, one by one, giving those who want a chance to share what's on their mind at the moment. Everyone else has the chance to listen and chip in with bits of support/encouragement/reassurance or whatever feels most helpful.

Each person who has something they want to talk about will get some time to explore it with the rest of room, who will be there to listen and provide support.

There will also be a mini-break in the middle to give everyone some time out.

How many people will there be?
There will be a maximum of 10 people, plus a moderator and Kat. That means you'll have to sign up (see below).

What if I just want to support people?
Great! We'd love to have you :)
The sign-up form will ask you whether you want to support people and share something, or just support others. Tick whichever box suits you most.

Where can I sign up?
Fill out a quick registration form here! There are limited spaces, so we'll let you know whether you get a place :)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below (or via the sign up form).

:thumb:

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    *bump*

Still lots of spaces :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did I sign up for this? I can't remember...
    You did Becki :)

We'll be in touch with the details soon :)
    Okey dokey

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I would LOVE to come however, I might be either going Chester Zoo for the day and chilling when I return or I might be going to Key 103 between 6-8 :(
    I would love to do do this but not sure if I'll definitely be able to though as I may not be alone long enough or have access to the internet,If I cant make this chat(or get a place)then I will definitely try a chat one time.Thank you.
    Hey Hann and AngelFace,

It's cool that you're both interested in coming, but a shame that you can't definitely be around at that time.
    We will be running more of these in the future, so keep your eyes peeled :)
    James wrote: »
    Hey Hann and AngelFace,

It's cool that you're both interested in coming, but a shame that you can't definitely be around at that time.

Hey
    Will definitely keep eyes open and peeled :)

Need to get the flash player installed to use any of the chats at the moment!x
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Hey Hann and AngelFace,

I wanted to come last time as well :(
    Why couldn't it had been tonight or tomorrow night :(
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I sign up to so many things, but in the end don't attend, however, if there are still places on the Thursday, and only on the Thursday, could I be put down?
    Circle-of-sharing.jpg

Hey everybody :wave:

On Thursday the 14th of August (7-9pm), we'll be joined by the lovely Kat Cormack who many of you will have met before. These chats are a great chance to give and get support in a slightly more structured way. The idea is to work as a team to help people talk through anything that's on their mind.

Not been to one before? Here's the low-down:

What will it involve?
    This chat will be a bit more structured than normal support chat. We'll begin with an introduction and then we'll start going around the room, one by one, giving those who want a chance to share what's on their mind at the moment. Everyone else has the chance to listen and chip in with bits of support/encouragement/reassurance or whatever feels most helpful.

Each person who has something they want to talk about will get some time to explore it with the rest of room, who will be there to listen and provide support.

There will also be a mini-break in the middle to give everyone some time out.

How many people will there be?
    There will be a maximum of 10 people, plus a moderator and Kat. That means you'll have to sign up (see below).

What if I just want to support people?
    Great! We'd love to have you :)
    The sign-up form will ask you whether you want to support people and share something, or just support others. Tick whichever box suits you most.

Where can I sign up?
    Here! There are limited spaces, so we'll let you know whether you get a place :)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below (or via the sign up form).

:thumb:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Gutted I can't make this.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I sign up to so many things, but in the end don't attend, however, if there are still places on the Thursday, and only on the Thursday, could I be put down?

Hey Whispers,

There are still plenty of places at the moment, so you're welcome to sign up tomorrow if you know you can make it :)
    I think I did the form thingey.. But I did it on my phone so not to sure if it went.... Sorry..
    It went through successfully Suzy :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Whispers,

There are still plenty of places at the moment, so you're welcome to sign up tomorrow if you know you can make it :)

Nah, what happens if someone wants the spot, and I take it ;)
    Nah, what happens if someone wants the spot, and I take it ;)

We have plenty of space and the spots are there to be filled by everyone! :) It would be cool to have you there.
  • casscubcasscub Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    I am too young to oh well when i am old enough to i will do the other ones that are on then.
    "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" 
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
    There are still places available if anyone wants to sign up :)