Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oxbridge + Other Universities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anyone found that if they apply to Oxbridge other universities will not consider their application? I have heard this sometimes happens and don't want to be rejected by other places if I apply to Oxbridge.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wont happen. notts and warwick (one or both, i think) consider applications to oxbridge as a sign of ambition, and as such are more willing to grab u.

i'm considering applying to cambridge, but i dont have any worries that the other unis on my list (warwick, notts, liecster and 2 more that are yet to be decided) will reject me.

bottom line: no worries mate.

If there's anything more important than my ego around here, i want it caught and shot now
    The mast majority of institutions will actually speed up your application if they see that you are an Oxbridge candidate (esp. London colleges). This is not only because they receive your application sooner than most others but because they realise that the are dealing with academically strong candidates and also that Oxbridge colleges are not large to accommodate all these bright sparks.
    (I speak from experience)

80s nostalgia ruined my life.
    Nah you'll be fine! Ive got a nightmare on my hands at the sec and im not applying to Oxbridge!! (not my cup of tea-basically dont do my course)
    Im applying for Manchester, Liverpool, Loughbourgh, Aston, Lancaster and De Montfort . De Monts my failure choice probably or West of England . Turtle, if you decide on Leicester.......the towns crap. I live there and i go to the college joined tot he Uni and it's v. boring. Let me know if you're gonna visit it at any point!!!