Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would you do if....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...you applied for a job by email to a recruitment agency and you didn't hear back from them after a week or so to tell you if you were successful or not?

I'm having this problem from a job I applied for around 4 weeks ago. Didn't hear back from them. Last week I emailed them to ask if they received my application for the job.....no reply.

I was going to email them again and tell them that it's unprofessional to leave me hanging like this.

What would you do?

Edit: I sent a letter to the company yesterday to ask if there's any jobs I could do. Just awaiting a reponse from them.

Comments

• Options
    SpinTires wrote: »
    ...you applied for a job by email to a recruitment agency and you didn't hear back from them after a week or so to tell you if you were successful or not?

I'm having this problem from a job I applied for around 4 weeks ago. Didn't hear back from them. Last week I emailed them to ask if they received my application for the job.....no reply.

I was going to email them again and tell them that it's unprofessional to leave me hanging like this.

What would you do?

Edit: I sent a letter to the company yesterday to ask if there's any jobs I could do. Just awaiting a reponse from them.

Hi

I haven't been in this situation yet before but I have read loads of job adverts etc and most say something like"If you havent heard from us in a week(for example)then your application has been unsuccessful".Does yours say that?Dont pester them though as that might make them just turn round amd tell you they dont want you(some places can be quite harah like that).Hope this helps x
  • Options
    I would expect that if you've not heard anything and it's been that length of time that you're not going to get anywhere with that particular lead.
    Most employment agencies I've dealt with work in timescales of days rather than weeks at least at that initial contact stage.
    Also I think that whilst email has its uses you pretty much have to speak to agents on the phone.