Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where's the favourite place you've been?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've never been abroad but plan on doing so in summer next year. Where would you suggest? Or if you have any funny stories about holidays I'd love to hear them :)

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    New York was fantastic, I really want to go back, and I love Paris and Saltzburg, and Mallorca :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Out of all the places, Qatar, Dubai and Saudi Arabia, I'm hoping to go to Canada and New York soon though #Excited #PlanesBooked

The places I have been, are really warm, and absolutely lovely!
    They all sound like amazing places

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    everywhere :P everywhere is amazing if you make it amazing :) some places i love are paris, the alps, capetown, la thuile and plymouth :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I'm just amazed at how well travelled you people are!
    I really would love to go to Paris!

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    everywhere :P everywhere is amazing if you make it amazing :) some places i love are paris, the alps, capetown, la thuile and plymouth :)

Paris is absolutely beautiful, I went with school twice, and the museums there are just :heart:
    I was supposed to go over Christmas but my friend couldn't get time off work

Rotterdam (which is within reach from London) I thought was a lovely city; very different vibe from Amsterdam. Having being bombed during the world war and had to be rebuilt; is more modern.
    Chiang Mai and Beijing are very lovely cities as well (pretty much up there on my list of favourites as well); Asia is a continent I really really love.

BeckiBoo...what would you be looking for from your holiday? That might help with suggestions from people.
    deji:) wrote: »
    BeckiBoo...what would you be looking for from your holiday? That might help with suggestions from people.

I'm not really sure because it would be my first time abroad

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Budapest. Muncib. The Alps. Sometimes France, depending on my mood
    1458612_640398792679325_1696173178_n.jpg

Has to be this place... Campsite on ourskirts of Hereford.. Back there next sunday... right beside the river... its so calm and relaxing
    Flow wrote: »
    1458612_640398792679325_1696173178_n.jpg

Has to be this place... Campsite on ourskirts of Hereford.. Back there next sunday... right beside the river... its so calm and relaxing

Oh my goodness! That looks beautiful!

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Italy!

Because it has places like this:

pitigliano.jpg
    James wrote: »
    Italy!

Because it has places like this:

pitigliano.jpg

See I would love to live somewhere like that. Think it's just so cute

I fell in love with ainsdale beach but I love all sandy beaches specially in the rain they are so relaxing and beautiful!
  • 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hmm this is a tricky one, but you know I'm going to have to say .... CANADA!
    Alexandra wrote:
    Hmm this is a tricky one, but you know I'm going to have to say .... CANADA!

Alex your back! How was your trip? I need to have words with you actually because I was told what you do outside of YN :)

• 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    I am! A little sleepy as jet lag has taken the best of me - but it's nice to be back :)

Haha and is that being a really cool person :) Feel free to drop me an email if you want to chat about something.
    Alexandra wrote:
    I am! A little sleepy as jet lag has taken the best of me - but it's nice to be back :)

Haha and is that being a really cool person :) Feel free to drop me an email if you want to chat about something.

I'm gutted you didn't take me in your suitcase! I'm desperate to go to Canada. One day...
    Yes of course your a VERY cool person but thats mainly because of your accent hehe :) okey dokey will do!
    Nice to have you back Alex!!!

id have to say Tanzania, Kilimanjaro last summer staying while working with people was amazing! loved it there and just so many opportunities so yeh Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
    rosebud wrote: »
    id have to say Tanzania, Kilimanjaro last summer staying while working with people was amazing! loved it there and just so many opportunities so yeh Kilimanjaro in Tanzania

That sounds amazing!

Ive never been abroad either and dont even own a passport!!I love Essex though :) Lol x
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Lapland. Amazingly beautiful. Breathtaking.
    Lapland. Amazingly beautiful. Breathtaking.

I would love to go to Lapland!

Probably Croatia. Having said that, to see one of my friends I have to travel by train across the Pennines and it doesn't mater how often I do the journey, the views are spectacular.
    Roveniemi in Finland was spectacular. Any forest in Finland is amazing really :)
    My favorite would have to be Hong Kong. Will definitely visit there again a few more times.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Valkenburg :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''