Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Facing the possibility of being fired and problems with co-workers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Well we offer advice and you have not posted that you have taken any of it or what you have done to remedy the issue.

All you do is update with further problems, AS I ASKED BEFORE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO FIX THE ISSUE. Or is it suppose to magically get better.

You have a family to support apparently yet you come across as a bit of a kid who apparently can't understand the issues of every day life
    Bit harsh, eh?
    Possibly, but she has been given advice, ignored it and asked if she's followed said advice and ignored that
    *wishes she never made this thread* I'll get it removed.. I knew this would have happened..
    Why did you? You were given advice, where you not? Did you take said advice?
    Why did you? You were given advice, where you not? Did you take said advice?

Yes- I was given advice and yes I have taken it. I can't flipping say that the problem has been sorted if nothing has happened can I?
    So you made an official complaint following my initial post? was it in writing, was it discussed, what was the outcome

Information like this is vital to help and advice yet it's like getting blood from a stone to try and get it
    So you made an official complaint following my initial post? was it in writing, was it discussed, what was the outcome

Information like this is vital to help and advice yet it's like getting blood from a stone to try and get it

I'm 99.9% sure I've said that I have made an official complaint before. The complaint was made in writing. It was discussed with my line manager, and all the owners. Outcome is pending. I can't say that it's improved or if any action has been taken unless I know!

Yes I'm fully aware that as you said 'Information like this is vital' but I've got to watch what I post online due to previous problems that I've had that I'm not willing to go into. I'm also watching what I say as this is a public site and is easy to look up.
    Maybe try contacting the citizens advise bureau? They can give you actual information on an employees responsibilities to its staff, the procedures they should be following and what to do if they dont. Unless they believe that you're the one in the wrong (and they shouldnt be cutting your hours because of that either) then it does sound like you're being victimised
    Have you chased for the resolution. Stated you'll take it to an official tribunal? Approached the managers again

You never stated any of your previous before.
    Have you chased for the resolution. Stated you'll take it to an official tribunal? Approached the managers again

You never stated any of your previous before.

Well sorry then, as I said I was 99.9% sure I did.

I have yes. Every shift I have I'm with the managers. They just say the same.
    So go to the next step? Write another letter demanding a resolution or answer to your complaint or you'll be forced to see outside legal advice
    SuzyOwl wrote: »
    Official complaint has been made. But it's not being looked on as I've apperently started this full someone's getting fire thing. When it first started, I said to the manager about it, and he told Paul to keep an eye on it, but Worker C is saying that she done nothing..
    Think you'll find she did, Hellfire.
    I'll stand correct there.

Then take the next course of action as advised
    Have you contacted ACAS?
    I can't deal with this anymore, I've contacted a mod and I'll be getting this removed. Thanks anyway.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Suzy,

Sorry to hear things at work are still bad. It does seem odd that they've cut your hours so much without saying why.
    I can delete or close this thread if you like, but it seems like there are lots of people here who are keen to help you explore your options and find a way through this or at least find some answers.

It's understandable that you don't want to post too much personal info here. Sounds sensible :)
    At the same time, it's helpful to know where things are at, so that we can give you the kind of support you're looking for. Does that make sense?

Keep us posted :)
    James wrote: »
    Hey Suzy,

Sorry to hear things at work are still bad. It does seem odd that they've cut your hours so much without saying why.
    I can delete or close this thread if you like, but it seems like there are lots of people here who are keen to help you explore your options and find a way through this or at least find some answers.

It's understandable that you don't want to post too much personal info here. Sounds sensible :)
    At the same time, it's helpful to know where things are at, so that we can give you the kind of support you're looking for. Does that make sense?

Keep us posted :)

Hey James,

They never said why they where cut, but the down side to it now is I'm back struggling to support the family and that... So I've just gotta watch and make sure we have enough money to pay the bills, and ensure that there is enough food for mother and the girls to eat. Just gonna have to wait and see how it pans out I guess.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Suzy,

That sounds like a lot of responsibility. Do you feel a bit under pressure?

Have there been any developments with your official complaint?
    As Melian mentioned, you could get in touch with ACAS to learn a bit more about your options and rights. They have a lot of info there too - I know you're not keen on phoning.
    James wrote: »
    Hey Suzy,

That sounds like a lot of responsibility. Do you feel a bit under pressure?

Have there been any developments with your official complaint?
    As Melian mentioned, you could get in touch with ACAS to learn a bit more about your options and rights. They have a lot of info there too - I know you're not keen on phoning.

Hey James,

Under pressure would be a understatement, as I'm the main earner all the responsibility lands on me. Which is hard and now my hours have been cut I need to ensure I keep paying off mothers debt, they have already been on the phone wanting to take legal action..

No change with reguatss to the complaint, knowen my bosses and managers it will just be forgotten about. The issues with the workers just keep happening, so I'm unsure about it all now. I want to quit, but I have the family to think off.
    May I ask how old you are? And surely if your hours are cut, you care for parents etc you're entitled to benefits to help.regarding debts, let them take legal action. They can't get money you don't have and the court will issue a sensible payment plan.

Plus legally you're not responsible for her debt
    May I ask how old you are? And surely if your hours are cut, you care for parents etc you're entitled to benefits to help.regarding debts, let them take legal action. They can't get money you don't have and the court will issue a sensible payment plan.

Plus legally you're not responsible for her debt

I'm 18. I don't get benefits for my parents because I'm in education. I let them take legal action they will take everything we own. I have to protect the family. We arleady have a payment plan in place, This kicked around Christmas time, My mother kept it quiet. We knew nothing about it till Easter this year when my mother went to England for my uncles funeral, we then answered the phone and spoke to them and stuff, and sorted out a payment plan for £40 a month for both the people that she owes money to. We also tried to get upto date with the rent, as this had not been payed from December 2013. As I'm the only person that earns money it's my responsibility.
    May I ask why your parents don't earn?

Also, if they take you to court, depending on debt it'll be via small claims, they won't take everything unless you don't do what the court says. But keep up with the payments if you can.

You also mentioned children. You're a mother?
    May I ask why your parents don't earn?

Also, if they take you to court, depending on debt it'll be via small claims, they won't take everything unless you don't do what the court says. But keep up with the payments if you can.

You also mentioned children. You're a mother?

They are incredibly ill.
    It won't be via a small claims. She owes thousands.
    At no point did I say I was a mother. I've got younger sisters.
    Ok, irrespective of your full time education status your parents will be entitled to benefits.

I think you need professional advice.

As for the debt, even thousands is usually SCC.

Have you spoken to CAB etc?
    like hellfire says surely they are entitled to something?! I don't know how the benefits system works but the fact that you're at school surely doesn't mean they don't get anything especially if they are absolutely unable to work.
    In fact it would mean they are entitled to more, also if you were working 40 hours a week how were you in school. Just wondering
    In fact it would mean they are entitled to more, also if you were working 40 hours a week how were you in school. Just wondering

1) I was in collage three days a week
    2) I worked nights
    3) They arnt entilted to anything we have been there and done that.
    Why aren't they entitled to anything, you being a student isnt a reason
    Why aren't they entitled to anything, you being a student isnt a reason

I've said it once and I will say it again, I'm not going to post the reason why on a public site, that's easy to look up.
    SuzyOwl wrote: »
    I've said it once and I will say it again, I'm not going to post the reason why on a public site, that's easy to look up.

I think hellfire is trying to get a clearer picture of the situation so that he can offer advice :) If you don't want to go into detail about why they're not able to get benefits then that's okay. The CAB have some advice on their website that's specific to NI in case it's worth a look: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/benefits_ni.htm

If it's been a while since you considered a benefits claim then you can also talk to Turn2Us who offer free and confidential benefits advice :yes:

If you're the only person able to work in your home then it does sound as though you might be entitled to some support so I guess the more we know the more we can make suggestions that might help.

It's a huge pressure on you to be trying to provide for everyone *hug*