Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Got a Uni residential coming up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am so nervous! There's a Uni residential scheme for Leeds Trinity and I am so nervous. Not only do I not know anyone thats going, I also have no clue what to wear because theres two party type things on the Monday and Tuesday evening....
God help me!

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's only 3 days

• Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hey BeckiBoo

Just thought I would check in, how you feeling about the residential? When is it you are going?

Remember that noone will know anyone so you are all in the same boat and I am sure other people are nervous and hoping that there will be someone smiley and kind they can talk to - and they will be really lucky because they can chat to you! :heart:

Just remember how great you felt after meeting new people at the Weekender the other week :thumb:

What kind of events are there in the evening?

This sounds like a great opportunity to go and meet some new people and find out more about the uni! x
  • Options
    PGreen wrote: »
    Hey BeckiBoo

Just thought I would check in, how you feeling about the residential? When is it you are going?

Remember that noone will know anyone so you are all in the same boat and I am sure other people are nervous and hoping that there will be someone smiley and kind they can talk to - and they will be really lucky because they can chat to you! :heart:

Just remember how great you felt after meeting new people at the Weekender the other week :thumb:

What kind of events are there in the evening?

This sounds like a great opportunity to go and meet some new people and find out more about the uni! x

Aww pippa your so lovely :heart: I'm at the residential as we speak! I had a major panick attack earlier on (made a thread that's how bad it was) but as soon as I saw who I am staying with for the next two days I was fine
    So today I've done some icebreakers (not as good as the ones at the weekender!) then we had a tour around the campus. Then got settled into the accommodation which I have to say is pretty awesome. After Tea we did some sort of dancing which I didn't join in with then some African drumming which was also pretty awesome. Oh yeah, and before all the fun stuff we had a little bit of a taster of the course we would be doing
    Omg pippa!! Guess what?! I have to do a speech on Friday in front of over 90 people :o I'm going to actually die. Guess that public speaking training will now come in handy?!

• Options
    Sounds like it's going really well Becki! :thumb:

I am glad that after an initially tough start you have started to enjoy it!
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    then some African drumming which was also pretty awesome.
    I think this sounds like so much fun, I really want to have a go!

Do you like the campus and how the course sounds?

This sounds like the perfect opportunity to show of your incredible new public speaking skills. What do you have to talk about?

Just remember how great you did here, I am sure you can manage to do it again. Keep in mind the top tips from the training, be passionate and honest, think about your voice and body language and you will 100% nail it :yes: (if it was me I would be trying to remember not to do silly ballet feet!)

Let us know how it goes lovely Becki!
  • Options
    It was great yesterday but not so good today :( They called home because of my eating which is extremely bad and now I seriously don't want to go home :(
    The African drumming was awesome. I'll bring one next time I go on a weekender haha
    Yeah the course is great too :) I love it
    I have to do a talk about the experience I've had here. I'm so scared about it seriously. Like even more scared then what I was for London! I didn't even know that was possible. We've just been doing prep for it now so no idea what is to happen. Think I'll just stutter my way through it....

• Options
    Pippa, I did it!!

• Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Pippa, I did it!!

:thumb::yes::yippe:
    This is amazing! Tell us everything - what did you speak about? You must be soooo proud of yourself. I am so happy for you, and I am really impressed that you managed to stay calm and do everything you needed to do.

How do you feel after the residential?

What are you going to do to relax after a crazy few days?
  • Options
    PGreen wrote: »
    :thumb::yes::yippe:
    This is amazing! Tell us everything - what did you speak about? You must be soooo proud of yourself. I am so happy for you, and I am really impressed that you managed to stay calm and do everything you needed to do.

How do you feel after the residential?

What are you going to do to relax after a crazy few days?

Calm down pippa!!! Haha
    You mentioned me being calm? I was a complete state before doing it. One of my ambassadors had to calm me down cause I was panicking so much. There were so many more people then I thought there was going to be. That's why I freaked out I think.120 people!!! Omg 120 people! I did a five minute speech in front of 120 people. That's crazy!
    I spoke about the events the I enjoyed, which was most of them, and how being away from home has made me realise how important certain people are etc. Me and my ambassador cried afterwards haha
    The residential was fab, apart from them ringing home which I wasn't impressed about. Last night we had like a party thing and we was only allowed to drink mocktails because not everyone was over 18 - which sucked. I stayed up until around 2ish this morning talking to the other girls in my flat then I got woken up at 3 by a random alarm which went on for like half an hour. Then had to get up at 7. Wasn't a happy bunny this morning
    It was so funny though. I'm on my way back home but had to get on the train to Selby before getting on a coach (which I'm on now) home. But on the train I plonked my suitcase in front of me (baring in mind it was very cramped) and this women Sat opposite me but was happy about my suitcase being there so she tried to move it. I put it back where it was and she moved. Haha. I was secretly laughing to myself
    But yeah I'll stop typing now because I've just realised how long this is haha :)
    Hope your all okay in YN towers!