Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Live chat with the Community Champions on Wednesday 6th August

Hey everyone :wave:

There's an opportunity for you to meet the Community Champions on Wednesday 6th August 7-8pm!

So, who are the Community Champions I hear you ask?! The CC?s are a group of young people who are voluntarily working together on a project all about strengthening the online community. Passionate about TheSite.org? Then ?you are the one I want!? This is your chance to have your voice heard! We?re hosting a live chat which will give us the chance to get to know you more, give you the opportunity to get to know us a little more as well as give you a chance to have your say on a number of ideas we have about improvements that could be made to TheSite.org. So if you?ve ever been sat there thinking ?I wish TheSite did this? or ?I wish TheSite had this function? etc?then now is your chance to chat to the Community Champions and hear about what we?ve come up with so far. Your feedback is vital in TheSite?s development just as much as ours is.

Is this for you? If so, please do sign up here as soon as you can!

Again, that's Wednesday 6th August for an hour 7-8pm.

Looking forward to chatting with you soon!

Rach :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    So, it's like the Leaders? Or do the Leaders just no longer exist?
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Signed up but not sure it's actually worked cos I signed up filling the form in on my phone.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The link don't work for mee D:
    I'm so gutted I won't be supporting my champion chums :(

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
    *feels replaced*
    Is there an age range to this, or just anyone? I recall the leaders were 16-25!!?!
    *feels replaced*

you're irreplaceable *hug*
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I'm so gutted I won't be supporting my champion chums :(

It can't be helped! Don't worry!

There aren't Leaders anymore as far as I know. It's different groups such as DA Warriors, Job Squad, Project Magenta and Community Champions that occur now. You can get involved via Do-It :) Different groups are for different interests! I'm sure mods can give you a better reply but this can do for now :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    *rach* wrote: »
    There aren't Leaders anymore as far as I know. It's different groups such as DA Warriors, Job Squad, Project Magenta and Community Champions that occur now. You can get involved via Do-It :) Different groups are for different interests! I'm sure mods can give you a better reply but this can do for now :)

So rach is right in the sense that the leaders programme works a little differently now to how it did. Instead of having a big pool of people we can ask about things, we now run smaller, more focused project groups. Each group has a specific aim, so for example, the Community Champions are all about strengthening TheSite's community. As rach said, we've also run groups around employment issues and depression & anxiety who've helped us start developing apps. Does that make sense?

Again as rach mentioned, whenever we recruit for these groups, we put an ad on Do-it :)
    Seems odd that at least the community champions wasn't advertised on here.... Since we *are* the community.
    Still plenty of space for sign ups to this :)

Just fill out this form.
    I can't remember if I signed up?

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I can't remember if I signed up?

You said you couldn't make it... If your plans have changed then feel free to sign up :)
    Sorry wrong one!!

I thought this was hollys chat haha :)

I thought this was hollys chat haha :)

Haha, no worries, no need to sign-up for that one, you can just turn up! :)
    Okey dokey

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I don't know whether I signed up or not, I remember filling the form out...
    I don't know whether I signed up or not, I remember filling the form out...

You did - you're on the list. Will be PMing everyone today!
    Gutted I'm gonna be at work then. Would loved to have had in on this!
    Just a reminder to people attending - this is tonight!! Catch you soon :)
    hope it went well guys :)
  • 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Gutted that my internet was playing up and I missed this chat!!

Thank you to everyone who attended! I'm sure the community champions gave some stellar pitches and the feedback from the TS community is always insightful and valued.

I think we have some things to think about... :chin:

We will keep you in the loop of any thoughts or happenings :thumb:
    Seems odd that at least the community champions wasn't advertised on here.... Since we *are* the community.

THIS!!! Why wasn't it advertised here, then?
    THIS!!! Why wasn't it advertised here, then?

:chin:
    Also think it would be nice if the pitches had their own threads to enable the people who couldn't make the chat (the majority of the community) to have their say.
    :wave: it's nice to see some intrigue about this project.

With any of these opportunities, it's important to have a mix of people who are familiar with the community and those who can bring a fresh pair of eyes and help us to consider how we can make this place both appeal to more people and work better for existing members. The CC's is a project team that has both regular members and newbies.

In addition, TheSite Leaders, as a concept still exists, but as was explained in multiple communications to all volunteers, we've changed the structure of the programme to offer time-bound focussed opportunities that give people the chance to contribute to decisions within a distinct area of YouthNet's work and see a clear path in what they're doing.

We were overwhelmed with applications for this opportunity - and as Leaders moved on from its old format about 7 months ago, the people who accepted our invitation to join the volunteer network and have got onboard with the new project group format were the ones who have tended to apply first.

Howeeeever, I understand this group may not be full and its still only at the start of month 2 in a 4 month project, so if you feel really strongly that you'd like to be involved, then drop 'Alexandra' a PM and she can update you on whether or not you could join us.

Equally, if you've been a volunteer before and haven't signed up to the YN network - then get on the case :)