Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Positive Book

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, so I remember having this idea AGES ago, and recently noticed people have started a 'Positive Book', to help them feel more optimistic when they feel pessimistic.

So, what is a Positive Book?! :chin:

To me (and this could vary between people). A Positive Book is where you can record things, such as;
  • Memories
  • Positive/Inspirational/Motivation Quotes
  • Photos
  • Drawings
  • Song Lyrics
  • The Positive things people see and think of, YOU

Recording things like this can help us start to feel more optimistic. When you feel down, you can read through it, and the smirks of a smile will soon be taking shape, and you may even giggle to yourself.

What you need;
  • Notepad (any size A4/A5/A6)
  • Coloured Pens! (Making it bright and colourful makes it more positive)
  • Quotes, Pictures, Memories, Things that make YOU happy! (You can find these on the internet, or you can ask friends, family members etc to give you their favorite quote)
  • A quiet space! (Having a quiet space can help you relax, and think more positively then being congested with negative vibes around you)
  • Finally, put on some really upbeat, positive music! This will get you jazzing!
  • (You can use lots of glitter as well to make is sparkly!)

REMEMBER; this is YOUR space to a more optimistic outcome. YOU are special. YOU are beautiful... and YOU can do ANYTHING you want to when you're more optimistic!!

One to get you started; ''Chin up, chin up, everybody loves a happy face. Wear it. Have it. It'll brighten up the darkest place. Twinkle, sparkle, let a little sunshine in. You'll be on the right side, looking at the bright side, up with your chinny-chin-chin.'' - Charlotte's Web

Good Luck! :D

Comments

• Options
    Great idea Sophie! :thumb:

Nina x
  • Options
    I don't know why but my store manager always says:

"A sad face never sold a sausage" ... that makes me giggle everytime I hear it!! :lol:

I love the idea :) Me and some friends did it through college and my leavers book from school still makes me laugh and brings back some truly happy memories :) :yes:
  • Options
    I have a box version of this
  • Options
    This is a fab idea :) I also have a positive book as somebody suggested it to me, its great for times when you feel low..
  • Options
    Hey :wave:
    I know this is quite an old thread but was just pointed this way by another member. I think these positive books sound great! I might try one out myself. The only problem is, I find it difficult to carry on doing things after I start (I get bored quite easily) but we shall see!
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Hey :wave:
    I know this is quite an old thread but was just pointed this way by another member. I think these positive books sound great! I might try one out myself. The only problem is, I find it difficult to carry on doing things after I start (I get bored quite easily) but we shall see!

Definitely worth a try if you're wanting to.. We could try to help keep you motivated about it if you do decide to start one :)
  • Options
    Definitely worth a try if you're wanting to.. We could try to help keep you motivated about it if you do decide to start one :)

Thanks butterfly. I am going out tomorrow to get a notebook so will probably start it tomorrow night xx
  • Options
    This I think is such a fantastic idea; I do something similar but not as 'structured' as this though. I keep greeting cards I receive where the sender has written nice words as opposed (in addition) to the default greeting card messages. This is probably because there's a bit of a hoarder in me, haha ;).
    Reading these when I feel poor and/or worthless really boosts my mood significantly.
    Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    oooo i like this idea :D might try it, i have a happy box with my church stuff ad other memories in and then my positive jar with good things in.
    shall deffo try this :)
  • Options
    Wasn't my idea guys. I'm afraid I can't take the credit.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Think like a proton! Always positive.
  • Options
    I love positive books :D