Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

oh wish to be asleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm stuck awake
Very very awake

Looking at my ceiling but it's dark so what's the point

Eyes won't close

Bed uncomfortable

Anyone else so suffering this tonight???:crying:

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    It's no fun being awake at a random time in the morning, as you really don't have anything to do, I need to tidy my room up, so going to do that if I can't sleep, and then try :P - Tis the effects of coffee! Maybe it about reading a boook to sleep? Having a lamp light next to your bed is always helpful, so you don't have to get up :P What often helps you sleep?
  • Options
    I agree! Its really difficult to stay awake when everybody else is sleeping. Time passes slowly and you don't understand what to do. It may be insomnia. I feel when you find difficult to fall asleep tossing and turning around in bed won?t do any good. You can read book, turn on the television or listen music.
  • Options
    I really struggle with sleep a lot but over the years have found a few things help:

- reading (it makes your eyes tired and relaxes you)
    - journaling (writing down all my thoughts before trying to sleep so there's not too much on my mind)
    - music (relaxing, quiet music or even sleep talks)
    - turning off all electricals (even music if you have to! but more like the tv and phones etc - my phone going on silent really helps if not totally turned off)
    - a hot shower or warm bath (if I could have a bath I would but a shower is just as good, a bit of wind down time)

Those things can help at least relax you. I've found that even if I can't sleep, it's good to at least relax and wind down and allow yourself to switch off a little. It can make a big difference the next day.

Things i've found fun to do when I really defo can't sleep:

- reading (I love a good book)
    - internet browsing (i love scrolling around my samsung note - it's great for kindle use, a bit of online shopping, online browsing, catching up with the news etc!)
    - arts and crafts (i enjoy card making, scrapbooking and painting!)
    - baking (who says that baking is for daytime only?! i've been known to bake at 3am before now!)
    - a good film (i love a good film whilst chilling on the sofa with a hot drink!)
    - going through old stuff (looking through photos, old scrapbooks, certificates, journals, anything at all - passes the time so much!)

I really hope you find things that you can do to help you sleep or pass the time when you really can't sleep. There's also this link here that i've found really helpful. Also, if you click around on other pages, you can find some really good information.

Hope this helps even if only a little *hug*