Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Share thoughts for documentary about eating disorders and self-harm

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
:wave: below are details of a request we've had from a film producer - get in touch with them if you'd like to be involved.

Minnow Films would like to talk to young people who are willing to share their thoughts and experiences of self-harm and eating disorders, for a Channel 4 documentary.

The programme will explore the experiences of young people who face these issues and the role of the online world. It will look at the attractions and the risks of self-harm and so called ?pro-ana? websites, so we'd particularly like to speak to people who have some experience of the online communities that exist around self-harm or eating disorders.

At this early stage, the conversation would be an opportunity for us to explain the project in detail and hear your thoughts. Conversations would be confidential and non-committal - we are not asking anyone to agree to participate in the film.

Minnow Films are an award-winning documentary company with extensive experience in making programmes about sensitive subjects. You can see our work here: www.minnowfilms.co.uk

If you are interested please email harriet@minnowfilms.co.uk or call 0207 078 8167

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *passes Helen details to pass on* :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Age limits?
  • Options
    That's really I teersting to know. Might have to watch that when it comes on air. Do u know when? Good subject to be in the know of.

Lickly I've never suffered with an eatting disorder but just learning more about it can make u think about the signs of getting to the stage of that. Really important to know.

Thank you for bringing this up, awareness at the end of the day.