Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Legal highs

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
4 of my friends recently made this video to highlight the dangerous outcomes of legal highs, 2 of our friends this year has died by smoking a legal high, mary-joy, many more have ended up in hospital ... it's famous for being smoked where i live, but it can ruin people lives.
Have a watch and think of the outcomes before you try Legal highs.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih9P9vb3Dgs[/video]
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    4 of my friends recently made this video to highlight the dangerous outcomes of legal highs, 2 of our friends this year has died by smoking a legal high, mary-joy, many more have ended up in hospital ... it's famous for being smoked where i live, but it can ruin people lives.
    Have a watch and think of the outcomes before you try Legal highs.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih9P9vb3Dgs[/video]

Taking untested chemicals is always going to be a bit silly. I have done it and have regretted it. I massively overdosed on something called 5-meo DALT and it fucking knocked me sideways. I did probably close to 10x the dosage required simply because it was incorrectly labeled.
    There are still plenty of legal highs that have been well documented and tested though, Salvia, Fly Agraic etc.
    Always best to avoid something that hasn't got a whole lot of information behind it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    One of the biggest problems with legal highs is the name legal highs. I think lots of people are catching onto this, but there are still people who get caught out and think that if something is legal, then it must be safe.
    Legal highs are manmade drugs that produce similar effects to illegal drugs like cocaine or ecstasy. Their purity, strength (potency) and toxicity can't be guaranteed and can vary from batch to batch and from different suppliers.

The term legal highs can be really misleading. The drugs aren't so much legal but rather not illegal yet. It doesn't mean that they're safe to use and they can even contain ingredients that are illegal to possess. In most cases the elements of illegal highs have never been used for human consumption before - this means that there?s no way of knowing how they might affect your body. The illegal drugs market isn't worried about safety.

They can be more dangerous than the drugs they are replicating because their composition is so unknown. The emergence of new drugs means that there have been no tests into how they can affect you and what the possible side effects are or their interaction with prescribed medication.

This comes from doctorwellgood.com
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thought this might be of some interest. :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    MikeS wrote: »

Interesting Mike!
    Festivals and legal highs/drugs seems like prime new thread material :p
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »

Good to see that festival organisers are taking it seriously. I have come across this as well.
  • Options
    Ffrrrrr wrote: »
    Good to see that festival organisers are taking it seriously. I have come across this as well.

Sounds like they at least recognise the danger, which is always good. I agree with what Helen said too.
  • Options
    Legal highs actually became a big hit among my peers/other students almost overnight but it takes a while to find out what these things actually are. I've been doing research on this for the past 5 years and only now we're starting to see the harms.

If anyone has time, it would be really helpful if you could take part in my survey about legal high use. It takes 10 minutes and it's open to anyone over 18 (no experience of legal highs/other drugs is needed):

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com...CVKxTnTrVUQzI1