Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So proud of myself!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This weekend I have done some amazing things that I never in a million years thought I would be able to do!

The first thing is meeting new young people. It may seem like a minor thing to some of you here but to me its a massive deal. And the fact no one judged me is also great, even had me in tears at one point!

Then the second thing is doing 3 speeches (quite small ones) in front of the group. The first one I did I was so stuttery and was shaking like a leaf but the 3rd one I was quite confident to stand up and talk. A massive achievement for me!

So I can safely say that I am very proud of myself. I don't often say that so it must be good if I'm actually saying it! One more thing to overcome then I will be happy!

Oh and I'll have some pictures to share on the wreck this journal thread. :)

Hope you guys are okay too? :p

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really proud of you too becki :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Thanks Claire

• Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Congrats Becki!

Those are no small achievements, well done! :)
  • Options
    Thanks James. You missed everyone's speeches! Everyone did great!

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    So I can safely say that I am very proud of myself.

And so you should be :thumb: amazing achievements! Good on you, and hope you got home ok :)
  • Options
    Proud of you Becki :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    LauraO wrote: »
    And so you should be :thumb: amazing achievements! Good on you, and hope you got home ok :)

Thanks Laura! Like I said to James, it's a shame you didn't see the speeches cause everyone was brilliant!
    Yeah I did thanks. And better still my carer picked me up from the station in the New car (which is really nice) and took me home so didn't have to do the half an hohe bus journey :D

• Options
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    Proud of you Becki :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Well done Becki! You should be proud of yourself. Loving the wreck this journal entries! What were the speeches you presented, about?
  • Options
    Well done Becki! You should be proud of yourself. Loving the wreck this journal entries! What were the speeches you presented, about?

Thank you!
    So the first small one was about something we liked and something we didnt. I said that I loved drawing because it's a way of expressing myself and I hate odd socks because theres just no need for them haha. Then the second small one was something like what lesson should everyone know. I said that everyone should be taught not to judge people because everyone is different etc. Then the final one was about why we joined YouthNet. I spun it around a bit really saying that I started on thesite and saw the opportunity. Then I came to the weekender and have had a fab time even though I was very nervous. I worded it a bit different and it was longer.

• Options
    Laura you didn't get to write in my journal! :(

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Massive fan of odd socks I must admit, not if there plain and boring, but I like bright coloured, child like almost, odd socks :P I dislike it when people mix up black socks patterns, or trainer socks :P The not judging people is quite a good one, most of our judgments tend to come from our parents upbringing, and our passed down to us, but hopefully we will get into a time where we are judgement free, afterall, it's still the 21st century! Your last speech sounds fab though, I'm glad you had a good time poppet!
  • Options
    Massive fan of odd socks I must admit, not if there plain and boring, but I like bright coloured, child like almost, odd socks :P I dislike it when people mix up black socks patterns, or trainer socks :P The not judging people is quite a good one, most of our judgments tend to come from our parents upbringing, and our passed down to us, but hopefully we will get into a time where we are judgement free, afterall, it's still the 21st century! Your last speech sounds fab though, I'm glad you had a good time poppet!

Thank you :) Odd socks still annoy me though haha

• Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Yeyyy BeckiBoo your speeches were brilliant you all did such a great job! :yippe:

Hope you enjoyed your London trip!
  • Options
    I agree with Pippa. You did really good becki. As were everyone elses. Brill work :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    PGreen wrote: »
    Yeyyy BeckiBoo your speeches were brilliant you all did such a great job! :yippe:

Hope you enjoyed your London trip!

Ah your pippa haha. So I did speak to you before London! :) Was nice meeting you in person though :D

Yeah it was great thanks. Can't wait to come back again

• Options
    Ah your pippa haha. So I did speak to you before London! :)

You did indeed :) I bet it's weird putting a face to the mod names!
  • Options

Meeting mods in person is the bestest thing ever :heart: and also when a mod comes and sits with you and compliments your hair while you are in lots of pain with a tooth, best thing ever. Thank you Pippa!!! :D
  • Options

Its not weird, it was great to see you all!! Can't wait to come back hehe, if you'll all have me of course!
  • Options
    Will you be modding chat too Pippa?
  • Options
    Will you be modding chat too Pippa?
    Yeah I think you should mod chat one time Pippa. You have the personality 'okay I am crap at compliments' lols.

• Options
    Yeah it would be great if you could pippa! Like Claire said you've got a great personality - so bubbly and lively. You would be great in chat! :hyper:

• Options
    Awwww guys you are so sweet :blush:

I might be making an appearance in some of our expert chats later in the year, which I am really looking forward to.

Of course you will be invited back!:)
  • Options

I might be making an appearance in some of our expert chats later in the year, which I am really looking forward to.

Sounds good :)

• Options

Im too old to get to come back. Stupid oldness.

• Options
    Im too old to get to come back. Stupid oldness.

They sais you could come back? :)

• Options
    We will see.. that may of been my last weekender.. but I will just go annoy everyone there hahaha.