Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

'kind of' long distance relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you travel about 22 miles to date someone, which would be a FOURTY-FOUR mile round trip?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes. Well.. Probably, it depends how much I like the person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I might.
    Hmm. I'll go for it. Just depends if she *really* likes me.

I guess 8 years difference isn't an issue? I'm 30 and she's 38...
    I think it also depends on how well you think you would cope with the distance..

Tues wrote: »
    I think it also depends on how well you think you would cope with the distance..

Yep that's true
    Certainly would, I moved 800 miles to be with my gf.
    In Australia that'd probably just be the next house over..
    Tues makes a great point saying that it depends how well you will cope with the distance and how much you like the person - long distance relationships can work out great if you want them to! :heart:

It's important that you do what makes you happy at the end of the day. If you find it too much to cope with, then be honest to yourself and your partner. This article has some great tips and things to think about when it comes to a long distance relationship: http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/relationships/long-distance-relationships-2943.html

Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you choose to do! :)
    Whowhere wrote: »
    That's no distance at all. I commute that every day to work and back. It might be an issue if you're a teenager, but 44 miles is nothing in a car.

I agree. Plus with trains and public transport it's so easy to get too each other

Been in a LDR for over 2 years, that's a 1000 mile round trip. Worth every second and every penny. :)
    Hi SpinTires :wave:

If it was a relationship I felt strongly about - I would.

Although distance often creates issues in relationships – lots of people find that it doesn’t always have to.

I guess it just depends on your own personal situation as everyone’s is different.

It may be worth considering how much you like each other, how serious you are and how much you really want it to work.

Also do you have the means to pay for travel whether that be taking a train or driving?

I think long distance relationships work best if you understand what you are getting into and knowingly make a commitment to making it work despite the difficulties that distance may present.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for all your replies.

I'm 30yrs old and I drive Whowhere, NadzTS

Doesn't look like she's interested. Sent her a message about a week ago and she hasn't replied #wasteoftime

It's about time I found a girlfriend in my life. I hate being single. Haven't even had sex yet. I feel lonely and sometimes depressed no one likes me for who I am. And I'm shy around girls. I'm fine with chatting to them online.
    Hey SpinTires

Considering the distance; if the feeling isn't mutual - perhaps you could evaluate if it's actually worth what you would be investing.

Regarding chatting to girls online; although it is easy and convenient, it doesn't seem like it helps your nerves around them. Perhaps you could go out with your friends; being in a group situation might help you ease the nerves. Also chatting with people without undue pressure helps too :).

Hope you have a great weekend.

Take care
    I've been posting ads up on a website looking for NSA. Had one reply. Might meet them. I'm desperate!!!! Just beginning to chat to a beautiful mixed race woman on a different website. Hopefully it'll run smoothly.
    women can tell desperation and it's not at all attractive. just so you know. :)
    Well that one back fired also. JUST because I won't chat 'face-to-face' on a stupid phone.

Now I'm getting to know a younger lass, 10 years younger than me.