Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

views on the site boards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats ur views about the site boards

I think its amazing :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So amazing, there's not much you can say, nothing can explain just how important the boards are.
    So amazing, there's not much you can say, nothing can explain just how important the boards are.

Defo mods are amazing
    F.A.O James JO Helen

jo- ur one amazing mod around here. Freindly, polite, kind

Helen- ur just as special mod like cheeky james u work with and lovley jo ur amazing

James-well i have to say ur one cheeky mod :D ur dead helpful as every other mods. When u not got ur cheeky pants on :P

All the mods and users are a famliey to me I know they got there own famliey too :)

Here something u and all the other mods desive

http://images.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ziHFU8v8LoSwOff2gJgK&q=thank+you+cake&oq=thank+you+cake&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...21207.22339.0.23368.5.5.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.48.mobile-gws-serp..5.0.0.cO6YSScKzSshttp://images.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ZyHFU8ntK4PMObLygLgO&q=thank+you&oq=tha&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0l5.89830.96203.0.98515.19.9.0.2.2.5.747.3977.3-2j3j1j2.8.0....0...1c.1.48.mobile-gws-serp..14.5.2016.2.S-ie5kP3MX8

Iam not mqking u fat btw hehe
    I think that the boards are amazing. I must admit that I didn't like them when I first joined but I think the chat helped me get to know everyone and helped me feel more welcome on the boards

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I think that the boards are amazing. I must admit that I didn't like them when I first joined but I think the chat helped me get to know everyone and helped me feel more welcome on the boards

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Interesting... do you know what put you off at first?
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I don't exactly hate the boards and I don't like them... I prefer chat. The mods are awesome though, and so is everyone else on here.
    I think the boards are an amazing thing to have, I was hesitant about using them at first, I'm glad I did use them though.. They're so helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I've always found the conflicting issues between chat and boards to be amusing, when a user (Like me) uses them both. However, when you use boards alone (Which I had tried for a period of time) I was able to drop issues I had with other members, take the drama segment out (Even though it was me creating it most of the time) and actually find TheSite.org 'boards' community more comforting than chat.

The boards give you time to think about your post, edit it, read over it, etc. Even though it's more permanent, it's an easy way to stop confusion. Whereas chat, it's more of an in the moment thing, you don't always consider what you're saying, and often just say things out of the blue, however, if you prefer more instant response support, chat's the place to be, however, then it goes onto people feeling ignored and all #DilemmaMaybe?

But overall, I must admit, the support I've received has been absolutely amazing. I wouldn't have reached out to support if it wasn't for my online support circle, and I did have quite a start to! I'm more confident now than I was when I joined, and I must admit, TS did have quite a role to play in that, as well as me taking steps and joining all sorts of clubs, and having a strong friend's circle.

So, my view on TS? Gosh, I could write an essay on how much I love this place, and many of the users (Not all ;) sadly). But it really shows the strength in an online community. #LetsNotGetSoppy
    I think the this a optuntie to speak up about things that u might not speak to anyone eles about and getting to know everyone and make freinds :) to support people and get other people veiws :)
    I agree with u Whispers of The Heart about everything u have said about The Site Boards. I do think u can say how u really feel to a thread u do or do not like. The only problem is u can think before u say something on the site boards but u can never get ur message across as the way u like to. Happened to me about a number of issues with people on here but as u said u should just learn from ur mistakes and become a better person for etc.

I wouldn't say I like them messaging boards. I like helping people out to listen and hopefully give some good advice what some people will appreciate from my time and effort I put into it but I have had so many arguments with people on here that I can't explain myself to them as its gonna end in a fight.

The chat rooms I do like I think but atleast with the messaging boards u know the people who u have spoken to on the chat room already and its easy for u to make ur way round the site. Both to me are good and bad in different ways though I do think chat is good to get to know people that little bit more but none of the advice I have taken on board as the chat is too quick to take it in.

I do like the advice pages on the site as I feel that I can relate to them and help people out to make them feel better about themselves. I am a caring person and I would be upset if someone thought I wasn't as they clearly haven't given me a chance to speak to me. Life is too short to be petty and insecure. I have also liked the none advice boards most recently as some of it has been interesting but good.

I hope I can get to know others on The Site as much as they like to get to know me. I am starting to learn a bit more about myself each day that I'm on The Site and realsing why the site exists and who it is for. I appreciate the resources the site has to offer for young people. I thank The Site for that x
    **helen** wrote: »
    Interesting... do you know what put you off at first?

I am on the Childline boards as well (where I found out about thesite) which are a lot more restricted on what can be said. I was reading through some of the posts and I think I was just a bit overwhelmed, I don't know. Sounds daft haha
    But I think its great now, hope I haven't offended anyone... :nervous:
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I am on the Childline boards as well (where I found out about thesite) which are a lot more restricted on what can be said. I was reading through some of the posts and I think I was just a bit overwhelmed, I don't know. Sounds daft haha
    But I think its great now, hope I haven't offended anyone... :nervous:

I think I understand where you're coming from. I have to say that when I join message boards, I do find them scary.
    I use to go on the childline boards two but weren't on there for very long though. I do feel like The Site has more less restrictions and is informal where u can just hang out and talk to people. With the messaging boards u do get overwhelmed by a certain comment and don't know how to take it but this is what the site is all about.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My view is there needs to be more people in anything goes talking bollocks and having a laugh. In politics there needs to be more arguments and in drugs there needs to be more nutters.

Needs to be more old skool.
    Weekender Offender