Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Applying eyeliner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey :waves:
I've just got a new eyeliner as I am going to a party in a few weeks and everytime I try to apply it, it never looks right. I can do the bottom of my eye fine with pencil (although that soon comes off) its the liquid eyeliner I can't get used to. Any ideas?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    I wear liquid eyeliner on the top, it take a bit if getting used to. I tend to start with short brush strokes all the way along my eyelid until i get solid line and then i can fill it in a bit if i need to. If you want to do a bit of a flick at the ends i do those last and again do strokes on each side to make sure theyre even, I can usually never do it in one go. There are some mornings as well where I have to take it off and start again cos theres a bit that shouldnt be there
  • Options
    When I apply mine, I can never seem to get close enough to my eyelashes. There's always a gap

• Options
    Yea sometimes there is on mine too, its just takes practice. I hold my eyelid down with my lashes with one hand so i can see where the edge it. Probably takes practice getting used to having it near your eye and not being afraid. I wear lenses as well so it doesnt bother me so much
  • Options
    Do you apply it before mascara? I find it a lot harder after mascara....
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Get eyeliner in a pot!! you apply it with a brush and you can use it top and bottom and its awesome. So much easier than liquid, can't use that shit
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    try the pen eyeliner :) its like a felt tip and so easy to use... and for the pencil eyeliner, im allergic to it, so my doctor suggested using eyebrow definer as i carried on using pencil eyeliner :P it stays on like all day and is darker aswell :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Ooh yea I forgot to say, I do use the pen type eyeliner, it's by Rimmel and instead of a brush it's like a felt tip pen so it easier to draw one.nand always mascara after!
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) and yeah I do apply it before my mascara, just incase it goes wrong. 9 times out of 10 it does haha