Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Flapjacks!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I love flapjacks but everytime I make them they come out really hard, I want them to be all squishy and gooey.

Anyone got a good recipe?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How do u make them? Tell me what u do first of all and I will try and help.
    Thats what im asking you.....
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Just found this thread - I always like a cooking one!

The main thing that would make them too hard would be too high a proportion of sugar, so maybe reduce that and increase the butter and golden syrup?

I like to replace some of the oats - maybe a quarter - with self raising flour, which should make them softer and lighter.
    That's good. Your still making flspjakes but in a healthier way. You don't wanna get rid of all the oats though lol and a lot of the good stuff what's not good lol. Why don't u try this Becki? Sounds pretty good. This how u make ur flapjakes Danny?
    This is the recipe I always follow

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Danny! wrote: »
    The main thing that would make them too hard would be too high a proportion of sugar, so maybe reduce that and increase the butter and golden syrup?

This.

I've had similar issues with Flapjacks myself, even though they still taste nice, having hard flapjacks isn't the best. I've always increased Golden Syrup, and it really does leave them with a gooey texture. How long do you keep them in the oven? I tend to keep them in for 15-30 minutes, depending on the bake of it.

Did you try making them again in the end?
    It's annoying when u bake them and they come out all nice and smelling lovely but when u bite into them they can be hard as a rock and u think what u did wrong. That's good advice to add more syrup so they can taste googey and more less hard. Adding less sugar can help to make the flapjackes still taste nice but more healtheir at the same time so u using reduce sugar can cut out the cals. I find putting currants and fruit in flapjackes can taste nice two. Has anyone done this before?
    Exactly what Danny and whispers are saying - and I would urrr on the edge of 15 mins and check regularly after that if they're not quite right.