Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Uni courses abroad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, i just wondered if u could do part of ur uni course abroad? i wanna study in australia....do i have to take a special exam? what kinda grades would i need? if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be most grateful...cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont know exact info, but some uni's offer placements where you can study abroad, i think normally in the US, but maybe australia too, for a year as part of your course. they should say in the prospectus if they do, i know from friends that places like kings in london, or surrey uni do.
    then of course if u do any kind of language degree, there's a compulsory year abroad...
    good luck!
    be careful cause degrees from abroad are not as good as the uk ones (hence we get loads of other people coming here to study)

hope ya get it sorted though!

good luck
    well, here at UWA we have exchange programmes with:
    University of Kansas
    University of Montana
    Penn State University
    University of Pittsburgh
    Utica College of Syracuse University
    Washington State University
    Puget Sound University

u will notice that all of these r in the US. exchanges 2 australia r quite rare, but they do exist. like rach said, ask ur uni. look 4 schemes such as ERASMUS that incorporate a points system, whereby ur year abroad (usually the second yr of a degree) will count towards ur UK degree, and ur marks will b transfered over.

Because I want more stars.