Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Five Day Independence Day Challenge

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Day 4: A decision you made recently that you feel defines your independence

I bought a car.
  • Options
    Day 4: A decision you made recently that you feel defines your independence

Deciding to stay with my boyfriend instead of leaving when his ex was harassing me. I just put my foot down and said no.
  • Options
    Day 5: A change you’re making, or could make, to help you be more independent

I'm splitting the cooking at home with mum
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Day 5: A change you?re making, or could make, to help you be more independent

Well when I start university (September 2015) I will be living away from home
  • Options
    Day 5

this is the hardest one! :O cant think please tell me im not the only one who struggled with this one???

I guess for me the main one is finding a job so i can begin to save up a bit for moving out and uni (obviously not all of it but so i feel like ive contributed)

happy independence day guys! :D
  • Options

Thinking about moving to another city that's more accessible to wheelchair users so I can get around easier and without other peoples help.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    rosebud wrote: »

happy independence day guys! :D

:yippe: happy independence day indeed!

Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far. :thumb:

You've got until Monday midday (when I'll be picking some winners out of the lucky draw) to complete all 5 days if you miss today - or need to get started. ;)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    :yippe: happy independence day indeed!

Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far. :thumb:

You've got until Monday midday (when I'll be picking some winners out of the lucky draw) to complete all 5 days if you miss today - or need to get started. ;)

I've loved doing this! :D Great to see everyone elses ideas and tyring to come up with my own to lots of fun
  • Options

Moving 200 miles for a fresh start and the next chapter in my life. Scary but hopefully worth it.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    #CatchingUp

Was away on DofE expedition, so hopefully not to late to catch up? :heart:

Day 3: Something I paid for, my DofE kit, and food in preparation for it, dad wasn't on the okay side of me and my sister going away, so I had to buy most things for myself, and pack for the five days I was going to be away, and ensure it was light weight and easy to carry around on mountains and stuff.

Day 4: I'm currently sorting out University stuff, which is a massive change, and I'm travelling slowly towards it, even though I haven't moved into Uni, I'm preparing myself for the change, my sorting things out, and preparing my visits, etc.

And finally, Day 5: Similar to Day 4, I'm making changes to move into University, in hope it will give my independence, and allow me to learn new skills. I think independence is more about getting out of your current comfort zone, embracing what is around you. I have also sorted out my CV, so I'm going to hopefully hand it into places near my Uni, so I was gain extra money!
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    We're about to do the prize draw for this.
    So far, the people that have done all 5 days are:
    ella
    Hannisnotonfire
    Miss_Riot
    Nina
    rosebud
    Whispers

Anyone else who wants to catch up quickly, you have until 5pm!
  • Options
    Good Luck Everyone!!! :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :wave:

Soooo we've just drawn the winners and we have Nina in first place winning a journal, yoga set and bike light. :yippe:

And, rosebud in second place wins the second journal...

Watch this space for the chance to win more prizes as the summer continues :)
  • Options
    Well done Nina and rosebud :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    :wave:

Soooo we've just drawn the winners and we have Nina in first place winning a journal, yoga set and bike light. :yippe:

And, rosebud in second place wins the second journal...

Watch this space for the chance to win more prizes as the summer continues :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D oh my gosh this just cheered me up so much its unreal! yay thanks guys
  • Options
    Congrats guuuuuuys
  • Options
    I've just seen this - how fab!! Gutted I missed it!! *needs to be around the boards more* oops! Well done nina and rosebud - fab!! Great stuff everyone - fab reading through the posts :)