Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self Esteem Workshop: Thursday 17th July 7-9pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

We're hosting a session in chat on Thursday 17th July from 7-9pm all about self esteem.

14609602301_0ec91ac490.jpg

The workshop will help you:
  • understand how positive and negative experiences and relationships contribute to your self-esteem
  • Find ways to improve your self-esteem and confidence
  • Identify things that can be blocks or barriers to you feeling confident and develop some strategies to overcome them

This is the last chat in a series that we have been doing with Allie from Off The Record.

9158063099_d3a2fa3fba_q.jpg
My name is Allie and I'm a youth counsellor at Off The Record, a young people's support service based in Croydon, South London. My career started off working with young people in the charity sector, developing online projects to help young people with challenges they were facing in their lives. More recently, I have been working as a counsellor, supporting young people through tough times. As a counsellor, my role is to create environment where you feel able to talk about the things going on in your life without feeling judged.

Where do I sign up?

If you're interested in coming along then you'll need to register here: http://bit.ly/Self-EsteemWorkshopJuly14

There are limited places so we'll be in touch via PM to let you know if you have one.

How will the chat work?

It will be a friendly and informal atmosphere and everyone will be encouraged to join in and have a chance to talk. Allie will lead us through some activities as a group and I'll be there to help out too.

If you don't manage to get a place don't worry, we'll share some top tips from the session on the boards afterwards :) You might also want to check out our article on building self esteem.

Any questions just ask :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Agh! I'm gutted to be away! :( Really wanted to make this one!
    Signed up for it :)

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I've got amazing self esteem, I love myself ;)
    signed up too :) sounds really helpful right now!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I signed up to this, but I signed up using my phone to fill the form thingi in so I am not sure if it even worked.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Should do Claire

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    I signed up to this, but I signed up using my phone to fill the form thingi in so I am not sure if it even worked.

It came through BananaMonkey :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    James wrote: »
    It came through BananaMonkey :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I've signed up...it could really help me, but as I'm a bit late I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll get a place..
    I've signed up...it could really help me, but as I'm a bit late I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll get a place..

We had someone drop out so you do have a place :) will PM you the deets!
    Hey folks - we had some last minute changes and we have one, possibly 2, spare places for tonight - PM me if you're interested :)