Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Snapped at my teacher...

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was just in college and one of my teachers was giving work back. As it is my last day I had nothing to do. So for nearly 2 hours I was sat around in the classroom with my friend waiting to be seen. One of the girls asked me to email a piece of my work to her. As I was doing this the teacher called me and my friend over. I said one minute. I then finished what I was doing, put the laptop back and waited for the teacher whilst she was talking to someone else. She then said "Are you ready now?" So I was pissed off with her so snapped a yes
She asked for my work so again I snapped "I left it at home" she said "why are you speaking to me like this for, there's no need." She then was annoyed with me and said "well where's your work then" so I replied with at home. Blah blah blah... she gave me some work back (which didn't need upgrading) and said add some more bits in here, and gave some more work and said '"that's not enough wrk you need to add more"
I had had enough and walked out with my work and have gone home. I know I shouldn't have and I don't know what to do.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Apologise, say you were having a bad day, hand in the work that you'd left at home and leave it there.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    It was too late anyway at the time you sent this as she would have already gone home... I have done the work, it just needed upgrading.
    She might not have gone home yet. It is Friday but teachers usually stay later than 5. Or ring the school/college and ask to speak to her. Do it today, dont wait til Monday
    i know she would have gone home as she said that everyone had to hand it in by 2:30 before she goes.
    We all have off days, don't worry. I am sure that the next time you see your teacher, everything will be forgotten. trust me. Teachers don't really hold grudges
    I agree with BeckiBoo. Not like anyone has had a run in with their teacher before regarding school and being told when to listen in class but u wouldnt of been able to do anything about it so u will just have to make sure u give it to her next time with remembering to bring it in. These things happen. I think it would of been fair enough to say to her that ur very sorry u haven't got the work with u today but u will hand it in by early next week. That would have been good to say. Will all be forgotten by next week.
    Thanks Beckiboo. I don't think I will be seeing her again as she was a cover for someone on maternity leave plus she's heavily pregnant herself.

Thanks Crazykiss. I'm not in next week, and if I hand in the work I know she won't mark it as it will be a late resub. The thing is I won't forget by next week it will keep haunting me over the summer and keep coming back to me as a thought. It will drive me insane and it will make me feel depressed.
    I think it's still best to get it over and done with so even if u did hand it late u know u grade and can do better next time. People forget and that's part of life so u shouldn't beat urself up thinking too much about it with other things on ur mind. Just do it when u next have free time, no one can't argue with that and it's good u won't forget to hand it in as u got a good memory. Once it's done it's done. What do u get up to besides school?
    I have handed it in she just wanted me to add more to make my grade better. So I have handed all my work in, just not all to distinctions, which I'm not too worked up over.
    What do you mean by
    What do u get up to besides school?
    That's alright then. I'm pleased. Maybe it was worth having that homework to do in the end so u can lookk at it twice and see if u can improve this or think about what to put instead of that. I'm sure ur get a better grade now and that will do good for ur confidence. Next time u will know better. What piece of work is it? Sounds interesting. I ment what do u get up to besides school as I thought before that if u haven't got time as ur doing over things when can be the best time to do ur work but that dont matter now. Glad u got that sorted.