Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Want to make friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, off the site, I really struggle making friends. I am quite shy and lack in confidents. I have been told before that I should join some sort of activities but I am jus scared/worried that people will judge me or not like me.
How do I get over this or make friends with out having to go to activities (although I think this is impossible)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Becki Boo. Well to start off with u seem like a really nice girl with a good set of brains on her lol. If u struggle with meeting new people then I would look at some tips on how to boost ur confidence. I have struggled with my confidence and what's helped me is looking at confidence boosting tips on the intrernet to see what I can do to improve my confidence. If u feel scared to meet people by taking up a class or hobby then I would start off with building up ur confidence and even practice some relaxtion tetechniques that could be counting to 10 when u feel nerves around people, taking deep breaths, doing some yoga or having a warm bath. I was gonna say social media is a good one for u to make friends but it could be people u knew at school might be the answer to ur question by making friends and meeting up with them. Start conversation by saying hi how are u and how u know them. Sometimes u feel like ur the out sider but trust me ur not. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thank you CrazyKiss, this is very helpful!
  • Options
    Thank you that I have been some help. I thought I wasn't helping anyone on here but glad that I have managed to help u. Will u look at the tips on how to boost ur confidence? There maybe some on the site.
  • Options
    Yeah I'll take a look :)
  • Options
    :)